The Clown Statue

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Not An Ordinary Night Anymore

I wanted to ask about a billion questions right then and there, but she hung up. Ugh! I slammed the phone down on the table. This isn't funny! I had no idea what to do. Then, I heard a creak emanating from the closet. That isn't coming from an old house, I thought to myself. I ran downstairs and saw the kids watching TV with their empty plates on the kitchen table. I looked back at the stairs. More noises! I couldn't think straight.
"Come on kids, lets go! We're gonna take a little field trip!", I blurted out in a slightly high-pitched voice. "Where to? It's nine o'clock!" Nick asked with a confused face. Anna turned her head and stared at the stairs. "I... I think somebody else is in the house!" she realized. "Come on!" I exclaimed.
We all stayed huddled together as we ran for the front door. I picked up my cell phone and car keys from the coffee table and caught up to Anna and Nick. Anna unlocked and opened the door, then slammed it and locked it with a scared look on her face. "Why'd you close the door?!" Nick exclaimed. "There was some creepy clown staring at us!"
"Quick, the back door!" I yelled. We ran towards the kitchen, passing the stairs. This time, I think all three of us heard the clown coming down the stairs. We got to the back door, and Nick opened the door this time, only to close it the same way his sister did. "A..A..Another clown!", Nick stuttered. Not able to think of anything else, Anna yelled "The window! Quick!" and we all started sprinting towards the living room.
We ran even faster after passing the stairs, hearing the burglar's footsteps closing in. We got to the window, but as we were about to unlock the window lock, a clown jumped up and attempted to enter. We had no way of escaping, and we could see the clown's feet now. He looked... exactly like the statue in my sister's room!
All three of us backed up towards the window. Suddenly, the window unlocked and the clown from outside started coming in. We wanted to make a run for it, but before we knew it, we were surrounded by clowns! We backed up further and further as the clowns moved in closer and closer, until there was nowhere left to back up to. One of the clowns pinched the flower on his chest, threw it on the floor, and stared into my eyes as some kind of smoke began escaping from the flower. I could tell that he was their leader, and I could tell that they wanted me.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

kookie98 said...
why cant i see the rest of the book? i only get t see the first chapter why is that?