The Spy Way

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Prologue

My name is Alex and I used to live with my mother and father. I am in seventh grade and enjoy martial arts, speaking Mandarin, and jelly doughnuts. I go to school at Mildred Prep(my cover school) and TSISS(my spy school: The Super Intelligent Spy Society). This story isn’t about how my life used to be, it’s about what it is now, what I’ll make of it, and how I found my best friend who left and never came home.
“Daddy, when will you be back?” I ask my father longingly.
My dad replied with a warm smile, “In just a couple of days. It’ll be so quick, you won’t even know I was gone.”
I gave him a big hug and waved to him as he got in the taxi and headed for the airport. I then went about my life like a normal first grader. Eat, school, eat, television, eat, play, eat, and sleep. My mother helped me put a calendar by my bed to count down the days until my father would return. I crossed out one day after another. When I counted that he had been gone for two weeks, I started to get a little suspicious. I continued to cross out the days, but I finally realized I was never going to see my father again.
The next couple of days went by fast, but my dad was wrong. I knew he was gone and I missed him a lot. I had one last shred of hope that my dad would come home and tell me that it was just a freak accident that had kept him delayed.That shred was whisked away with the breeze when some fancy man, with a suit and tie from the government, told me my father was officially dead.
I was crushed. My best friend in the whole world was gone forever. And I couldn’t do anything about the fact I would never see him again. I tried to stay tough for my mom, but I couldn’t. I cried until it felt as if the river in my body had run dry. Between tears, I vowed I would find who killed my dad and make him pay. Oh boy. He would pay. And that, is how my story began.