Dark Angel: Star | Teen Ink

Dark Angel: Star

By flamestar BRONZE, Fredericksburg, Virginia
flamestar BRONZE, Fredericksburg, Virginia

Author's note: without my friends Alaska and her friends would have never have had there story told. They encouraged my on when i thought that it wasn't good enough to keep writing even though i had a ton of ideas for it.

By: Flamestar
Prelude

‘It’s so cold.’ a small scared voice whispered in Alaska’s mind

Alaska’s head snapped up and whipped side to side looking around her little room, “Who are you?” She demanded

‘Help me, please.’ The voice begged, ‘It’s so dark and cold. I don’t like the dark.’
Alaska looked around again scanning the dimly lit room. There was a slight draft coming from the cracks in the cottage walls, but it wasn’t freezing. “It’s not that bad.”
‘Help… Oh no! He’s coming! Help me, please!’ The voice wailed
"Alie! Alie!" Alaska exclaimed jumping to her feet remembering her little sister's voice at last. "Hang on Alie, I'll find you!"
‘Hurry, I don't think I can...’
"Alie?"
No answer
“Alie, I will find you!" Alaska exclaimed as a small voice whispered to quite to hear
‘That’s all I needed to hear.’
A small red star was appeared behind her bangs and burned into her skin.
Chapter 1
“Alaska! Are you okay?” Her mom exclaimed bursting into the room
“I’m fine mom, but my door doesn’t look so good.” Alaska answered flatly looking at her door witch was barely hanging onto the bottom hinge.
“Oh… sorry about the door, but you’re okay and that’s all that matters now.” Alaska’s mom said glancing guiltily at the door, “I don’t what I’d do if I lost you too.”
“Mom, Alie is fine.” Alaska said trying to comfort her as pain flash through her eyes
“No she isn’t fine.” Her mom sobbed, “She’s missing and could be dead for all we know!”
“Alie is fine. I was just talking to her. She is alive.”
Hope flared in her mom’s sad blue eyes for a second, and then was gone.
“Bellalison has been missing for five years. You couldn’t have been talking to her. You must have been day-dreaming again.” Her mom said shooting down the little scrap of hope that she had.
“But, mom…”
“Don’t you dare ‘but mom’ me!”
“Then how do you explain…”
Then a long shadow was cast into the room, and then joined by a dozen or so more. Alaska and her mom looked up and froze. Her mom gasped and Alaska put up a protective arm.
“Don, the dark angel.” She snarled
“Ahhh… a fighter. Are you a warrior?” Don said motioning to his warriors that stood beside him
They quickly ran into the room two picked up her mom and threw her on Alaska’s cot. Alaska tried to get to her mom, but two warriors grabbed her arms and threw her to the ground. She tried to fight them off but soon a couple other warriors came and pinned her to the ground.
“So are you a warrior?” He said hovering over her face.
As he reached his hand to her fore head she mustered enough courage and spit in his face. He recoils and then slams his hand into her forehead. She screamed in pain as his hand connected with her mark.
“So you are a warrior. Why must you women make things so much harder then they need to be. Now I have to look at your mark little warrior. Someone for the dark’s sake cover her mouth!” Don ranted
Another soldier kneeled next to her and put a firm hand over her mouth.
“Now, let’s see now.”
He brushed aside her bangs to uncover the red star. Her mom, Don, and the soldiers all gasped in fear, horror, awe, and respect.
“Release her. Then be gone.” Don ordered, “Captain how long has it been since our last red star?”
“Since our last angel apprentice about three years ago” He answered
“Who was before that?”
“Me. Warrior captains Bo, Blackstar rank three.”
“What happened to the last one.”
“He died shortly after his angel failed and died. The poor lad lost the will to live.”
“Thank you. You may go now.”
“You’re lying!” Her mom exclaimed, “Don, you sent your warriors to kill him while he was taking his test!”
“Shut up women!” Don exclaimed, “How dare you speak to me like that!”
“Leave her out of this!” Alaska exclaimed
“Oh yes. Now little warrior, do you know where this angel in training is?”
“No, I don’t and if I did I wouldn’t tell the likes of you!” Alaska snarled
“How dare you not tell me where she is, you disrespectful girl!” Don said slamming his thumb into the middle of her star
Alaska screamed.
“Stop please, you’re hurting her!” Alaska’s mom commanded her Alaska’s cot
“Take her form the room” Don commanded, but removing his thumb from her star
He motioned to the warriors, which had grabbed her when he used his thumb, and they released her. She crumpled to the ground in pain.
“Now, where is the angel you were created by?” Don demanded, the air around him crackling with power
“I don’t know.” Alaska panted
“Lies” Don roared unfurling his wings
Alaska couldn’t stop herself from gasping at his jet black wings.
“Oh yes, gaze at the ranks of my army.” He said holding his wings a little higher and wider
Alaska cowered at the tons of scars on wings. She saw dozen of swordmen and shieldmen, a bunch of archers, a handful of healers, and rows upon rows of warrior stars of every rank.

“You know my power, so tell me… where is your angel?” Don commanded like he owned her
Alaska just stared at his wings, scared out of her mind. Don snarled at the sight of her not listening. He raised his hand and brought it down hard on the side of her face, snapping it to one side. Her hand went to her face and turned her face slowly to face him. She shakily rose to her feet, looked him dead in the eyes, and slapped him hard back.
“That felt good” Alaska said
“You little warrior, you need to be taught some manners!” Don bellowed as darkness clouded around him.
He extended his hands toward her and threw some of the clouding darkness at her. It hit her square in the chest with so much force that she was blasted right through her thin bedroom wall. He rocketed right through the hole and hovered above her.
“Not so strong now, are you?” Don said holding her down with very little dark pressure.
Alaska just glared at him as snow started to fall.
“It can’t be, it’s July.” Don said landing a few feet away
The snow was starting to pick up and there was something mixed in with the snow. Feathers! Snow white feathers, the color of newly fallen snow. A surge of power and relief washed over Alaska. Rolled over and pushed herself up.
“You’re in trouble now.” Alaska patronized painfully
“What do you mean?” Don snarled watching her stagger painfully to her feet.
“Have you noticed what is falling with the snow?” Alaska asked holding out her hand
“No I haven’t, why would I? I’m much stronger than you or anyone you could call for help.”
“Just watch what lands on my hand.”
They stood there tensely for a few minutes, and then a feather floated down to land on her hand.
“Is that…” Don said fearfully
“Yes, it’s a feather that is as crisp as newly fallen snow, the calling card of…”
“The White Angel of the Mountains” Don whispered bewildered
“What’s wrong Don, attack me… Or are you afraid of a white angel?” Alaska taunted
“I.FEAR.NO.ONE!” Don screeched throwing a ball of darkness at her
‘If I get hit by that I’m dead!’ Alaska thought
She closed her eyes and waited for the sphere of darkness to hit her, but it never came. She opened one eye to see a white shieldman in front of her.
“Alaska! What were you thinking?” A voice demanded from above her
She looked up surprised and gasped
“Mom, you’re the White Angel of the Mountains!”

By: Flamestar
Prelude

‘Hurry, I don't think I can...’
"Alie?"
No answer
‘That’s all I needed to hear.’
Chapter 1
“But, mom…”
“Don’t you dare ‘but mom’ me!”
“Then how do you explain…”
“Don, the dark angel.” She snarled
“Now, let’s see now.”
“Who was before that?”
“What happened to the last one.”
“Thank you. You may go now.”
Alaska screamed.
“I don’t know.” Alaska panted
“Lies” Don roared unfurling his wings

“That felt good” Alaska said
“Just watch what lands on my hand.”
“Is that…” Don said fearfully
She looked up surprised and gasped

Chapter 2

“Yes, I am.” She said landing next to her and furled her Wings close to her.
“I would have never guessed” Alaska giggled
“That was kind of the point”
“Wait, why don’t you want Alie to be an angel?” Alaska asked
“When you’re an angel you are face with a constant power struggle. I f you reject your power of being an angel then you die, if you subdue the power you can continue living, but you have to expend your power, or you live as an angel and you become a leader, form there you have to make decisions like when to go to war, who to go to war against, who are your allies, and even who other people will marry. One wrong move could bring a whole kingdom to its knees.”
“Snow Anna!” Don roared enraged
“Darker Don.” Her mom said calmly
“What happened to you?”
“I saw the light; you should try it some time.”
“Never!” Don exclaimed
“So be it.” Anna sighed as the snow picked up
Don unfurled his wings and took off. Anna stayed put and tracked him from the ground through narrow eyes. Then she took off as well hurtling right at him. Alaska watched in awe as her mom tackled him. Anna recovered quickly, but Don, stunned, started to fall. Anna hovered there for a second, and then dove after him to land as he hit the ground with a sickening snap. Still he rose to his feet though this time his right wing was limp and hung at a weird angle.
“Shall we make this interesting?” He said pulling left wing in front of him
“We shall” Anna said drawing both of her wings close to her, but only after she shot a fleeting look at Alaska
“Through the power of Darkness I summon Black shield men 1-6”
“Through the power of Light I summon white archers 1-4”
“Through the power of Darkness I summon the Continuous Summons Circle.”
“Through the power of Light I summon the Summons Circle.”
As those two spells finished the marks on their wings started to glow. Then they simply popped off their spots and off the wings. The marks morphed in to human shapes, and as the glow receded the soldier faced their angels, bowed, and then turned to face the opposite angle and took their respective places. Don’s shieldman knelt down on one knee in front of him in one strong line with their black shields glinting in the fading sunlight. Anna’s archers stood next to her their white bows strung and their hands waiting next to their quivers that held their pure white arrows in it. Then from the tips of each wing a small white circle appeared. Don pushed his two together quickly, pushed it to the ground roughly, and stepped into it. Anna guided her two together gently, placed it on the ground, and stepped into it. They both started to mumble under their breath and their armies started to rise.
“So, you want a full out war… would that make you happy, Don?”
“Yes, that would make me very happy.” Don said through gritted teeth as a healer set his wing.
Anna quickly summoned her small army. Don just watched as she got weaker and weaker with every man summoned. By the time her last man was summoned she was a white as the snow she causes and looked like she was going to pass out.
“Mom are you okay?” Alaska asked tenitivly
“Shields one and two, swords five and six, healer four, archers seven- ten, protect her. She is my daughter and a red star, I don’t want her killed. Joshi, whitestar warrior captain rank one, go with them. Protect her with your life.” Anna panted
“Yes, Ma’am.” They shouted moving to their positions around Alaska
“Stay behind me.” The white warrior commanded
“Are you Joshi?” Alaska asked stupidly
“Yes, I’m Joshi whitestar warrior captain rank one.”
“Thank you for offering to protect me, but I don’t need you.” Alaska declared
“Why do you say that?”
“I’m Alaska redstar warrior, no rank or class.” Alaska said standing taller
“Foolish child, you are just an angel’s child, you are no warrior.” Joshi sneered
“Then explain the star that has been burned into my forehead.” Alaska demanded her voice searing with rage as she pushed her bangs showing off her star
“Very impressive.”
“Captain Joshi!” Shield one exclaimed
“Yes, Shield one?” Joshi asked

“The battle has started and some warriors and swordsmen are coming straight for us.” He reported
“Ready yourselves for battle.” Joshi commanded
Alaska could see the five warriors and three swordsmen coming. She heard rather, then saw, the white swordsmen draw their swords to prepare for battle. Joshi stood their swearing to himself softly.
“Healer four, if I go down, take Alaska somewhere safe, far away from here.” Joshi softly said
“Don’t talk like that.” Healer four said
“Just remember, leave me and take her.” Joshi said
“Nothing like that will happen with your weapons…” She started
“I can’t access my weapons without draining our angel.” Joshi said cutting her off sadly
“In range.” An archer said simply
“Fire at will” Joshi commanded
Arrows stared flying all around her. Two of the arrows hit a swordsman and then a warrior. Then the warriors and a circle started to glow around them.
“Get ready.” Joshi commanded tensely
“For the lights sake, Joshi, where is your weapon?” An Archer asked drawing another arrow
“I can’t summon it.” Joshi replied
“You have to…” He started to say as he was cut off with a spear through the chest.
“A9!” Joshi said sliding over to catch him before he fell
“Joshi?” A9 asked
“H4.” Joshi commanded
“Coming now.” H4 said with Alaska behind her
“Can you heal him?” Joshi asked
“Not with that spear in him.”
“I can pull it out.” Alaska said
“Joshi defend us” H4 said kneeling beside A9
Joshi quickly walked in front of them and Alaska kneeled beside H4.
“Ready?” H4 asked
“Ready.” Alaska said grabbing the spear and took a deep breath
“On the count of three, one, two, three.” H4 said
Alaska heaved and pulled the spear out. Blood imeadently started to gush out of the wound. She put her hands on the wound and then backed off
“Too many internal bleeds, there’s nothing I can do” She said sitting back on her heels
“Get out of my way.” Alaska commanded
“You can’t do anything to help him.” H4 said but letting her sit beside A9
Alaska quickly placed her hands her hands over his wounds and tried to stop the bleeding.
“What are you doing?” a weak voice asked
“I’m trying to save A9, what does it look like I’m doing.” Alaska spat at H4
“I didn’t ask you.” H4 said turning her back on Alaska
“I did.” The voice blared inside her head stronger now.
“Alie!” Alaska thought back happily
“Yes, My dear warrior.” Alie said lovingly
“I need your help.”
“Ask and I shall see if I can help.”
“This man, A9 of the White angel of the White Mountain is dying and the healer won’t help him. Please see if you can.” Alaska begged
“I will not help him…” Alie started
“But you must!” Alaska begged cutting her off
“Hush! I won’t but you will.” Alie said her voice growing faint
“Alie, what do you mean?”
“You will know soon.” Alie said as her voice faded into nothing
Then Alaska’s hand started to burn. She looked down and saw a little red cross appear.
“You now have the power.” Alie said, but Alaska could no longer heard her
Alaska focused and his wound and saw what H4 meant, but she wasn’t going to give up. She found some of the smaller bleeds and stopped them with ease. The larger ones were harder to stop, but she soon got them under control.
“H4” Alaska panted shakily
“Alaska, stop trying to heal him.” H4 said noticing the mark on her hand
“No, all the internal bleeding has stopped, just patch up this big surface wound.” Alaska said withdrawing her hands
H4 quickly placed her hands on him and smiled. She murmured something under her breath and removed her hands. A9’s wound slowly started to seal itself up.
“How did you mange that?” H4 over at Alaska who was on the brink of collapsing
“I don’t know. I know that I wanted to heal him and that Alie came and talked to me. She said that I have the power and then I just started to heal. I don’t feel so good though.” Alaska said weakly
“Lay down. You need to rest.” H4 said
“But…” Alaska protested
“But nothing, you just used a lot of energy, you need to rest to recover.” H4 said easing her to the ground
“A9, you need to get back to your post.” Joshi said noticing that he was whole again
“Joshi, we need to move.”H4 demanded
“Why?” Joshi questioned as he kicked a warrior in the jaw
“Alaska is down. We need to move so we can protect her better.”
“Take SD2, SW5, and A7&9, go.” Joshi ordered
“Joshi.” A warrior sneered
“Bo.” Joshi snarled
“Your healer isn’t going anywhere.” Bo said drawing a black dagger from his belt
He hurled it at H4, but Joshi leapt in front of it, taking full force of the blow straight to the chest.

Chapter 3
“Joshi!” H4 exclaimed as he hit the ground painfully loud thud
“Emma, take Alaska and run!” Joshi panted painfully as his blood pumped out of his chest and into the snow, staining it red
“I won’t leave you!” H4 exclaimed
“You don’t have to.” Alaska said as energy filled her body
“Alaska, get down.” Emma commanded
“No, Emma. You have to heal Joshi. He is our only chance of getting out of here alive. Besides I have a score to settle with Bo here.” Alaska said standing up
“Alaska, you can’t win.” Joshi panted
“Joshi shut up and let me help you. You can’t win either. Alaska’s guards protect me as I heal Joshi.” Emma said commanded kneeling next to Joshi.
“So, the little warrior is going to face me. What happened to Joshi?” Bo asked tauntingly
“Yes, she is.” Alaska said with a fire burning in her eyes
“Fine, this is going to be easy. It’s not even worth it to even take your power.”
“Draw your weapons first.” Alaska said holding his gaze steadily
“I, Bo, call the power of my angel to summon my weapon, Darkest Night.” Bo Commanded
“I, Alaska, call the power of my angel to summon my weapon, Burning Ashes.” Alaska commanded
Bo held out his hand as if he was nocking an arrow onto a bow. Then a bow that was a black as night with a white string appeared in his hand. Across his back was a quiver with black arrows with red tips appeared.
Alaska took a fighting stance and went to swing a sword. As she hit the lowest point on the down swing, she felt a weight appear in her hands. As she brought her hands back up she saw a red sword in her hands. She stared at the beautiful crimson blade and jeweled ruby hilt.
“Oh yeah, this will work.” Alaska said satisfied, and then an arrow streaked past her ear.
“Missed.” Bo hissed
Alaska expression hardened as she charged. She slammed into him before he had he had the next arrow nocked. He fell to the ground with a thud and his bow was knocked from his hands. She placed the tip of her sword to his neck.
“Not that easy.” Bo said drawing a black dagger from his belt
He slashed at her hands, making her recoil and jump back in surprise. He rolled away and grabbed his bow. Alaska finally noticing that Bo was missing looked up and glanced around fearfully. She didn’t notice the arrow that was let lose behind a snow covered boulder, fly straight toward her sword arm. It buried itself deep into her arm, causing her to cry out in pain and drop her sword leaving her completely open for attack. She braced herself for Bo to strike the killing blow, but it never came.
“Why don’t you attack?” Alaska asked yanking the arrow out of her arm
“I only needed one shot.” He said triumphantly
“Why is that? Do you really think that a shot to the shoulder would kill me?” Alaska asked
“The arrow won’t but the poison that the arrow’s tip was covered in will.” Bo said with a grin on his face
Alaska’s face turned pale, and then she roared with rage. She scooped up her sword mid-charge, straight at him. By the time she swung her sword Bo had an arrow nocked, but it was too late. Alaska slashed him from his right shoulder to his left hip, blood welling up from where the blade touched. He fell backward with a look of utter horror frozen on his face.
“Thank you, my angel, for lending me your power. For that I give you my weapon, Burning Ashes, back.” Alaska wiping the blood off the blade
Burning Ashes glowed warmly in her hands, and then started to fade until it was nothing. Then the world started to spin. Alaska staggered, and then felt a strong hand on her shoulder. She glanced up and saw Joshi standing tall.
“Joshi, what’s going on?” Alaska asked weakly
“You’ve used a lot of energy. Rest now.” Joshi said sitting down
She looked past her guard’s defensive circle to see the fallen men around them. As she gazed around her circle she noticed that only two men were missing, shield 1 and sword 6. She looked to the sky to find her mother. She spotted her high above them. Don was quickly gathering energy around him, while her mother struggled to keep the snow going. Don launched a ball of dark energy and quickly started forming another one. The first energy ball missed by a mile. Don launched the other one and it nearly hit her. Anna funneled the snow into a cyclone of snow and directed it at Don. He shot backwards and quickly out of range. Then the second ball of dark energy came out of nowhere behind her and hit her between her wings.
“ANNA!!!!!!” Joshi exclaimed running forward to catch her as she started to fall out of the sky
“Bo, take him out.” Don commanded as Alaska staggered to her feet
“ Kind of hard for him to do since I killed him.” Alaska exclaimed stumbling in Joshi’s wake
Alaska watched in horror as her mom plummeted to the ground. Joshi slid right under her and she fell into his arms. He gently placed her on the ground.
“Get out of my way!” Alaska wailed sliding to her mother’s side
“Alaska, my little warrior.” Anna whispered lovingly
“Yes, now relax. I’ going to heal you.” Alaska said rolling her mom over and placing her hands on her back.
When she tried to heal her, she was met with a searing pain in her back in the same place where her mother was hurt.
“ Alaska stop. There’s a protective shield of Dark Magic around the wound. You can’t heal me. Joshi, bring Emma over here.” Anna said as Joshi rolled her to her back again before getting Emma.” He an
She walked over and knelt near her so she could hear what the dying Angel had to say. Her eyes widen in surprise, and then she looked at Joshi.
“Joshi, I say this with the voice of our dying Angel, who wishes for you to carry the power of snow. Do you except?”
“Yes I do” Joshi answered knowing that if he didn’t, winter would rule without check.
“Then join hands with Snow Anna, The White Angel of the Mountains, and tell her your wish to continue the long line of Snow Angels.” Emma said on the edge of tears
He took Anna’s hand and repeated what Emma said.
“Now, the new Angel and a warrior must… Kill the Angel quickly and honorably.” Emma choked out
“If it is her dying wish, I will carry it out.” Joshi said letting go of her hand
“I wish to be the warrior to help.” Alaska sobbed
“You may help.” Emma said
“It is dying wish for my daughter, Allie ,to receive some of my forces.” Anna gasped
“So it shall be.” Emma said
“From your dying power and my growing power I summon my weapon, Mountain Blizzard.” Joshi said
“ I , Alaska, call upon the power of my Angel to summon my weapon, Burning Ashes.” Alaska said quietly
Alaska took her fight stance and went to swing her sword. Again at the lowest point of the swing, she felt a weight appear in her hands and this time she heard it scrape the ground.
Joshi went through a series of blocks, and lunges, then his spear appeared. It was at least six feet long was so white that it seemed to have an unearthly glow.
“Fire and snow must work together to save the world from darkness.” Anna whispered
“You may begin.” Emma said turning her eyes away
Alaska was frozen in her dying mother’s gaze, but Joshi wasn’t. He thrust his spear deep into her chest and blood started to seep out.
“My Little warrior. I’m so proud of you. Remember… Fire… Snow… must… work… together…. Or the… world… will… will be… lost… to darkness.”
She closed her eyes and Joshi pulled his spear out. Anna’s breathing slowed, shuddered, and then stopped all together and she breathed no more. Tears started to roll freely and silently down Joshi’s face. Alaska sank to her knees and fell to her side.
“Are you okay?” Emma gasped rushing over to her side
“No.” Alaska croaked
“Did you get shot by Bo?” Joshi asked kneeling by her head and supporting it on his knees
“My sword arm, that’s where I got hit.” Alaska panted
“Alaska, no matter how hard it is, you have to stay awake.” Emma commanded searching her arm for where the arrow hit her. Emma’s face twisted in confusion.
“What is it, Emma?” Joshi asked
“I can’t find where she was shot.” Emma said
“That’s good right?” Joshi asked
“If I can’t find an entry wound than I don’t have away into her body to heal the internal injuries. I can’t heal her.” Emma said despairingly
“Emma…” Alaska whispered
“Save your strength.” Emma ordered
Alaska imeadently shut her mouth and tried to save awake.
“Damn you Bo!!!!” Joshi swore throwing back his head to the sky
“Joshi, What is it?” Emma asked
“Bo makes his own poison. Alaska, what color where his arrow tips?”
“Red.” She whispered even quieter
“Emma, you have to cut her arm open.” Joshi said with fear flashing in his eyes
“Why?”
“This certain poison when it enters the blood stream it closes the wound to make sure that healers can’t heal them.”
“I can’t do that.” Emma said
“Emma do it…” Alaska said weakly
“Alaska I can’t.” Emma said defeated
Joshi placed Alaska’s head on the snowy ground, jumped to his feet, and whipped around to where Don was standing.
“You did this! If you hadn’t recruited Bo none of this would have happened. Anna would still be alive and Alaska wouldn’t be poisoned and dying!” Joshi yelled, but he was yelling into thin air for Don and his army was gone.
“Angel dang it, Emma, just cut her arm already!!!”Joshi said turning around again
“I can’t!!!” She yelled at him
“What do you mean you can’t” Joshi demanded
“I’m frozen.” Emma said her eyes full of fear
“I’ll do it myself.” Joshi said pulling a knife out of his belt
He went to slice her arm but as he went to move he found that he was frozen too.
‘Drop your knife.’ A voice whispered on the wind
His hand opened and the knife dropped. It hit her arm with just enough force for the tip to just break the skin, but as the blood began they were able to move again. Joshi took up his knife and placed the tip on her crook of her elbow, pushed gently, and slashed her to her wrist.
“Joshi, what are you doing?” Emma exclaimed

“Heal her Emma!” Joshi commanded sitting back on his heels

Emma quickly placed her hands on Alaska’s arm and saw the damage.

“Damn.” Emma cursed softly as she started to sweet

As the cut began to heal Alaska passed out

Chapter 4
6 weeks later

“What happened?” Alaska asked blinking the fuzziness out of her eyes

“What do you remember?” Emma asked
“A war, blood, lots and lots of blood, Pain a lot of pain, my mom falling, Joshi getting wings, me falling, and more pain. Is my mom okay?”
“She’s been better.” Emma answered
“Your wings are snow wings aren’t they? My mom gave you her power.”
“Yes she did.” Joshi said
“I need to get up.” Alaska said tiring to get up
“You can’t” Emma said
“I have to get up!” Alaska exclaimed franticly
The sheets moved and she saw that she had been restrained.
“What did I do?” Alaska asked starting at the black bands holding her down.
“You’ve woken up once before and said you had to get outside. We wouldn’t let you, so you summoned your sword and you attacked me. I would have been killed if Joshi hadn’t knocked you out.” Emma explained kissing Joshi lightly on the cheek.
“Not now Emma.” Joshi whispered in her ear
“Did I miss something?” Alaska teased
“Nothing much, just me getting this.” Emma said holding put her left hand for Alaska to see.
A gorgeous ring twinkled in the dim sunlight. The Crystal was light blue in color set into white gold.
“It’s an Ice Crystal, a form of ice that will never melt. Your mother had one.” Joshi said
A tear slid down her face.
“Can you make me one” Alaska asked wiping away her tear
“That’s the problem. I would, but your Angel controls fire, so her spirit is within you. This crystal might not melt under normal cases ,but once it touches your skin it would melt on contact.” Joshi explained
“So, back to you Alaska. You need to rest for the next few days to make sure I got all of the poison out of your blood stream.” Emma said
“If I stay in here I’m going to go stir crazy.” Alaska warned
“I could just knock you out again when you do.” Joshi said waving his fist jokingly
“You can’t do that again.” Emma said grabbing his fist
“Let me ask you something.” Joshi said
“Ask away.” Alaska said
“Why do you have to get outside so bad?” Joshi asked
“To get fresh air, move around, train…” Alaska said
“To find my Angel.” Alaska finished in thought
“Oh.. You want to find Alie.” Joshi said
“No I don’t.” Alaska lied
“You were just thinking it.” Joshi said
“Joshi is a telepath.” Emma whispered in her ear
“Gee, thanks for letting me know.” Alaska scoffed
“You’re welcome.” Emma said
“All Angels are.” Joshi said embarrassed
“That’s how Alie has been talking to me.” Alaska murmured
“Yes, that would explain why you snapped at me.” Emma said
“Yeah sorry about that. I can’t tell voices apart.”
“You need to learn that skill.”
“I feel sleepy. Am I supposed to feel sleepy?”
“Yes you are.” Emma giggled
“Go to sleep.” Joshi said
“Okay.” Alaska said letting her eyes close
Within minutes sleep settled over her like a warm blanket.

Chapter 5

“How long have I been out?” Alaska sleepily stretching happily, noticing that her restraints have disappeared.

“About three days” Emma said

“What?” Alaska exclaimed bolting upright

“Yep and you are totally poison free” Emma said

“Where’s Joshi?”

“He’s outside.”

“Doing what?”

“Trying to control a blizzard that rolled in a few minutes ago.”

“Can I go outside and help him?”

“It’s the middle of a blizzard!” Emma exclaimed

“I have the spirit of fire running through me.”

“Oh… oh alright!!! You have twenty minutes. Go help Joshi… he has been out there for hours.” Emma said defeated

“Thank you Emma!” Alaska exclaimed jumping out of bed

“Don’t forget your jacket.” Emma called as she walked out of Alaska’s room ,so she could get dressed.

She took a little more than 5 minutes to get changed and eat a little breakfast. Then she dashed outside straight into the blizzard.

“Joshi!” Alaska exclaimed

“Alaska? What are you doing out here?” Joshi asked dropping out of the sky

“I thought you might need some help.” Alaska said buttoning up the last button on her fur coat

“Does Emma know that you’re out here.” Joshi demanded, yelling over the howling wind

“Yes, she sent me out here.” Alaska said

“Well if you’re out here, then you’re going to help. Summon your weapon.”

“I, Alaska, call upon my Angel’s power to summon my new weapon, Spit Fire.”

She stood there in the freezing cold like she was grabbing an arrow from a quiver and was about to nock it. As she was bringing her hand forward from behind her head, she saw a red and black arrow. She nocked it onto a two foot long bow with a gleaming red color with black string.

“Good, you have a new weapon. It looks like Bo’s first bow. I guess that it’s right for you to get a bow after what Bo did with his.” Joshi said examining the bow.

“What do we have to do?” Alaska asked lowering her bow

“This is going to sound crazy, but we have to defeat the Snow Spirits.” Joshi said

“What can I do from down here?”

“Melt the snow and shoot some of the creatures. I would summon your sword.” Joshi said taking to the skies

“I, Alaska, call upon the power of my Angel to summon my weapon, Burning Ashes.” She swung the sword and a wave of heat erupted from the edge of the blade, melting the snow in the vicinity.

“That’s more like it!” Alaska exclaimed, tearing off her coat and flinging it over her shoulder

She started swinging her sword, sending off blasts of heat. Alaska decided that she wanted to try Spit Fire. She sheathed her sword and drew her bow from the quiver, and then strung it. She nocked the one of the red and black arrows and fired. Once the arrow flew from the bow it burst into flame.

“Cool.” Alaska said as it disappeared into the clouds.

She shot off more into the clouds before she started to but her bow away; when she heard a sound coming from the forest. She paused and listened. Again she heard a faint rustle.

“Who’s there?” Alaska demanded restringing her bow and creeping toward the tree line. She silently nocked an arrow and walked into the dense forest. After moving aside many branches that got in her way she found a small winged unicorn foal stuck in green briar patch.

“Oh. My. Angel.” Alaska breathed

The poor thing was standing in 2 feet of snow, its reddish-white fur had a blue tinged color to it, and it was whimpering and crying. The snow around it was stained red around it; it’s right wing hung at a crooked angle, and was covered half way in snow.

“An Angel’s creature, it must be Alie’s.” Alaska said lowering her bow

‘Help me.’ A weak voice quivered quietly in her head.

Chapter 5

“About three days” Emma said

“Where’s Joshi?”

“He’s outside.”

“Doing what?”

“Can I go outside and help him?”

“Joshi!” Alaska exclaimed

“What can I do from down here?”

“Oh. My. Angel.” Alaska breathed

Chapter 5

“About three days” Emma said

“Where’s Joshi?”

“He’s outside.”

“Doing what?”

“Can I go outside and help him?”

“Joshi!” Alaska exclaimed

“What can I do from down here?”

“Oh. My. Angel.” Alaska breathed

“Alie?” Alaska asked happily
“No, who is Alie,” The voice asked
“Who are you? Better yet, where are you? What do you want.” Alaska demanded
“I have no name, I want help, and I’m right in front of you.” The voice said a little matter-of-factly
Alaska dropped to her knees and just stared at the foal.
“Well look who just woke up. Hello.” The foal said shaking it’s head
Alaska kept dumbly staring, she stretched her hand out timidly and touched it’s muzzle. The foal shuddered and Alaska shivered as power flowed through them. Then Alaska saw a battle. She saw a full grown white and red winged unicorn and a giant black dragon. Above them were two Angels… A red one and a black one… They were fighting over a snowy battlefield. Alaska blinked and the vision shattered.
“You saw it too.” The foal stated
“Yes” Alaska
“Then I found my master at last!”
“I’m sorry, but I can’t be your master because I’m not an Angel.”
“You have to be! We shared a vision!” It said despairingly confused hanging it’s head
“Hey cheer up. I’ve been looking for Alie too. We’ll find her together.” Alaska said unstringing her bow and placing it in her quiver.”
“Who is Alie?”
“Alie is our angel.” Alaska said standing up
“You are my master therefore my master.” She said stubbornly loud
“Okay! Okay! Geez, just quite down. Your hurting my head. What did you say your name was?” Alaska grumbled picking her up with difficulty
“I have no name. My master hasn’t named me.”
“Well for now your name is no name. Got it?” Alaska asked as she started to walk towards Emma’s house
“Yes, ma’am” No name said falling asleep comforted by Alaska’s warm spirit.
As she walked out of the forest she saw that it had stopped snowing and that Emma was running around looking for something.
“What are you looking for?” Alaska asked walking behind Emma
Emma jumped in surprised and whipped around to face her.
“Joshi, I found her!” Emma exclaimed
“Alaska!!!” Joshi roared plunging down from the sky to land in front of them
“What?” Alaska asked stupidly
“Where have you been? You weren’t supposed to leave the clearing! What possessed you to leave? What is that?” Emma ranted before her eyes fell on no name
“I’ve been in the forest. I heard something behind me and I thought that it was dangerous. I wanted to take it out, but as you can see it wasn’t. This is no name, a winged unicorn foal sent by Alie to find me.” Alaska answered shifting her weight in her arms
“Alie got her creature. Your mom would be very proud of both of you. I touch her.” Joshi said
“Sure if you want, just keep your wings tucked in.” Alaska said
Joshi tucked in his wings and reached out as no name stirred in her sleep. Joshi touched her delicate neck and dropped to the ground in pain. No name jerked awake as Emma rushed forward to help Joshi.
“Joshi, are you okay? Say something!” Emma demanded
“Oww.” Joshi groaned
“I had a vision through her power.”
“What was it about?” Alaska demanded
“You.”
“Me?”
“Yes, you were fighting but it was weird.” Joshi said
“How so?” Emma asked
“Emma, we are in the presence of an Allstar.” Joshi said looking dead at Alaska
“What?” Alaska exclaimed
“You are part angel.” Joshi said as a flash of res light appeared from behind her
Alaska looked and saw the tips of the faint outline of red wings.

In side Emma’s house
“So what is an Allstar?” Alaska asked putting another heated blanket on no name
“It’s a soldier that has Angelic fight.” Joshi said
“I feel and look like another warrior.” Alaska said
“That’s because you haven’t completed the task yet. May I see your star?” Joshi said a little matter-of-factly
Alaska pushed her bangs aside and Joshi lightly touched his hand to it.
“Show me your secrets.” Joshi whispered
Her star glowed and changed shape.
“12 points. Emma?” Joshi asked
“She is level 12 Allstar warrior; a true warrior Allstar”
“What do you mean?” Alaska asked
“You have a 12 point star.” Emma said simply
“It’s the mark of an angel star. You’re special because the star usually only has 10 points. Yours has 12.” Joshi explained
“But what does it mean?” Alaska demanded frustrated
“Each one of the points represents a different the elemental powers, Fire, Snow, Darkness, Light, Air, Earth, Forest, Artic, Water, and Dark matter are the ten stander elements. The two other points are usually sound and the Aurora. You have to beat each one and gain their power.” Joshi explained
“That’s easy.” Alaska scoffed rolling her eyes
“It’s not as easy as you think.” Emma warned
“She’s right. Each of these Angels have hundreds of soldiers at their disposal and years of experience. The other thing is that the Aurora Angel disappeared years ago. She is presumed dead. So you would have to create an Angel just to fight it.” Joshi said
“How long ago did she disappear?” Alaska asked
“Four or Five years ago, why do you want to know?” Joshi said
“Before I answer that, do you have a picture or know where you could get a picture of the Aurora Angel?”
“I don’t, but Emma dose.” Joshi said
“Really?” Alaska asked turning to Emma
“I have an Angel book. It’s a magical book that adds pages as the Angels life goes on. When the Angel dies their pages stop glowing and their chosen warrior appears, and then their story begins with their Angels force to back them up.”
“What about the Aurora Angel?”
“She’s still glowing but her page isn’t writing anymore.” Emma said
“Is there a picture?” Alaska asked
“Yes.” Emma said pulling an old looking book of the self
She opened it to the back of the book and saw the glowing page but no movement. Emma turned the page.
“This is the most current picture we have.” Emma said pointing to a small picture down in the right corner.
“I knew it.” Alaska breathed
She stared at the picture and soaked in every last detail of it. The straight black shoulder length hair, green and purple eyes, pale skin, and heart shaped face.
“I know who this is.” Alaska said a little louder
“Who?” Joshi and Emma asked
“Alie, my little sister, Angel and creator.” Alaska said as a tear slid down her face.
“How can you tell? This picture is when she was 18 and now she’s 23.” Joshi protested
“No she isn’t Joshi. No one knows how old she is.” Emma corrected
“She’s 13.” Alaska stated
“What makes you so sure that this is your sister?” Joshi demanded
“This Angel disappeared 5 years ago and she looks just like my sister. I know her eyes anywhere.”
“That isn’t enough!” Joshi exclaimed frustrated
“Can I borrow your book for a while?”
“Yeah of course.” Emma said closing it and handing it to her.
“How old is it?” Alaska asked stroking the old, thick, black binding.
“A few centuries, why?”
“Centuries! How long does it take to fill?”
“Couple centuries.” Emma said
“How old are you two?” Alaska asked
“Very old.” Joshi put simply ending the conversation
Alaska walked over to where no name was sleeping was sleeping and opened the book up to the back page and started to read.
“You know you have to name your filly.” Joshi said motioning to no name
“Your right.” Alaska said shutting the book and gently waking up no name

“Yes.” The filly thought

“I’m re-naming you, no name from now on you will be known as Snowfire, in honor of your colors and my mother’s prophecy.” Alaska said

“I like it. Thank you master.” Snowfire snuggling closer to Alaska

“I’m glad you do.” Alaska said opening the book again to the beginning this time and started reading

Still within 20 minutes Alaska fell asleep with book in hand. Emma put a blanket on her and Snowfire. That’s how they spent the next few nights as Alie’s page started to write again.

“Alaska, stop reading that book.” Joshi exclaimed

“But, Alie’s page is writing again.” Alaska protested

“Really?” Emma said looking over her shoulder

Sure enough there were two new pages and another being written.

“It’s Alie.” Emma said

“How do you know?” Joshi demanded once again

“This magic can be affected be simple spells or just being inactive. The magic can be reactivated by family members of that Angel. Since her mom’s is no longer active the only other Angel in this book that he might be related to is… Alie.” Emma said

“So, it’s Alie?” Alaska asked

“It might be. Read the passage it got stuck on.” Emma said excitement edging her voice

“Okay.” Alaska said and started reading the page

“‘I’ve considered that Alie!’ Anna exclaimed

‘Have you considered what I want?’ Alie demanded

‘You don’t know what you want!’ Anna screamed

‘Really, I don’t! Then why does everyone else. I have a court of potential warriors that serve me even though I’m not their Angel!”

‘Alie, calm down. The power of the Aurora could destroy everything.” Anna warned

‘You would like that though, wouldn’t you?” Alie demanded

‘Alie, stop!’ Anna commanded

‘Why.’ Alie demanded as her wings started to appear

‘Bellalison, stop this instant! Anna commanded as the room got icily cold

‘What if I don’t want to?” Alie said as one eye turned green and the other purple

‘Alie, your powers has taken over!” Anna exclaimed as a sudden wind picked up.

Then the door flew open and there stood Alaska tears streaming down her face. She ran over to Alie and wrapped her arms, ignoring the burns that Alie’s huge power inflicted on her.

‘Come back Alie!’

Alie blinked and her eyes went back to normal for a second then flipped back.

‘That’s right Alie! Fight it!’

Alie began to tremble and looked at their mom.

‘Mom, get out of here now. I can’t get her back if you’re in here’ Alaska said

Their mom fled the room as Alie’s power flared again making Alaska and Alie wince in pain

‘Fight it. Remember Dad.’ Alaska said

Alie nodded her headed and Alaska stared to sing.

‘Little flower standing tall. Little flower fight it all. Controlled by the wind and weather, controlled by the sun and rain. Grow to fight strong one day. Grow to fight another day.’

As her power disintegrated and her wings disappeared, Alie broke down and cried. Alaska let her cry for a few minutes before breaking the silence.

‘Alie, look at me.’

She looked up obediently and Alaska studied her eyes.

‘Your fine now, but go take a walk out in the woods by the stream. That always makes you feel better.’

‘You right.’ Alie said shakily getting to her feet

‘I’ll talk to mom.’ Alaska said rising to her feet’”

“That’s all they had with that, but then the new stuff is how she was grabbed. It basically says she was hit over the head with something and her power flared up again. She was able to fight for a while. The person who attacked her and her power from taking control but she lost control and passed out… That’s as far as I’ve gotten.” Alaska said

“Well we know she’s alive at least. Think of it that way.” Emma said encouragingly cheerful

“I have to go. It seems like you girls need some time alone.” Joshi said walking away

“Try to contact her, the way she contacts you.” Emma suggested shaking her head at Joshi

“Sure” Alaska said sitting down

Alaska focused on her sister’s story and tried to reach her. When she was close to making contact with Alie, a searing pain lanced through her head. She screamed and writhed in pain. Then she passed out .

“Alaska!” Emma exclaimed jumping to catch her

“Emma, we’re under attack!” Joshi yelled as he limped in with his hand clamped to his side

“Damn it all! Who is it?” Emma exclaimed in frustration

“The Angel of the deepest ocean.” Joshi said

“Not good.” Emma said cradling Alaska’s head

“Where is this Allstar!” A voice demanded

“Emma, get out of here!” Joshi demanded wincing as mountain blizzard appeared

“I’m not leaving!”

“As your Angel, I order you to leave.”

“As your healer, I deny your order. You are injured and will be again.”

“I have other healers. Just go!” Joshi exclaimed as the wall blew up

“Oh Allstar! Come out and play!” An annoying voice cried playfully

“Aqua Beth.” Joshi growled

“Snow Joshi.” She chirped flipping her battle ax onto her shoulder

“Go away. I’m not looking for any trouble.” Joshi said trying to stay calm

“Well we are looking for an Allstar.” Beth said

“She isn’t here.” Joshi lied

“Then who’s that?” Beth asked pointing straight at Alaska

“She’s my healer cousin. She passed out when you blew up the wall.”

“Oh well, boys… Kill everyone.” Beth said as her battle ax disappeared

“Alaska, wake up.” Joshi commanded, but her eyes didn’t even flicker.