An Unforgettable Quest

By , Lawrenceville, NJ
Author's note: If you know of the show Supernatural, then you may love this. In this, Sam and Dean (or Matt)...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: If you know of the show Supernatural, then you may love this. In this, Sam and Dean (or Matt) don't hunt supernatural beings, they are just regular wine makers in Italy. What inspired me to do this was the idea of making a Supernatural story without the paranormal stuff, but still Supernatural and suspenseful. I know, I make no sense, but you may get it after you read my story.
BTW, see if you can spot all the Supernatural references  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

Worry

It all started about a month ago when Matt and I were harvesting the grapes from the fields in Florence. We had gotten a vineyard from our father, John, and business was good. He had come to stay with us after the vineyard in Vinci, went downhill. He had helped us harvest and make the wine. When the day was done, we would all sit down for a family dinner and watch the sun set over the distant northern hills. I had never been over the hills, but I believed that the day I did, it would be amazing.
One day, Matt gave Dad a major job, go to the market in Beatrice to sell some wine. Beatrice was only a couple miles away and it would take him two days max to sell the wine and be back. He had done this before and we knew he could be back before then. We said our goodbyes to Dad, and he set out.
Two and a half days had passed and I was getting worried about Dad. I asked my brother, “Shouldn't Dad be back by now?”
Matt responded, “Yeah Sammy, but you know him, he’ll sell everything before he comes back.”
That was my nickname, Sammy; Matt had always called me that just because I was four years younger than him. I think he felt like he had an obligation to take care of me ever since mom died when I was little. Since then, Dad had worked nonstop in the fields, probably trying to ease the pain. Matt would take me out toward the northern hills and he would tell me stuff like what mom was like and what Beatrice was like. Dad had never let me go anywhere outside the vineyard because he felt like he had to protect me from boys that would wanted to beat me up, but now I felt as if he was keeping a big secret about his past life from me.
“Matt, have you ever felt as though Dad is keeping something from us. I mean, he always stays in Beatrice after the time he should be back. And he always says that it was hard to sell the wine, but you and I both know that it ‘s very easy to sell.”
“You know Sam, I get what you’re saying, but it’s his business, not ours.”
“I just think that Dad is hiding something from us.”
Later that afternoon, my brother and I decided that if Dad wasn't back in four days, we would go find him.

EMJOLIE said...
I really enjoyed this novel. I think you had the perfect amount of detail as well! Great work

CountryPopGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

Thanks soooo much. Whenever i asked my family how it was they would say something like "It's fine" or "It's sounds like you just wrote down what you saw on a TV show"

the first response bugged me because I hate the word fine (don't ask)

the second was actually what I was going for. You get a kind of movie in your head as you read it.

Anyway, thanks for the comment.

Also, the tpo comment was when I first published it. I forgot a chapter, but i fixed it... (more »)