Pirates Vs. Ninjas

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Friends No More

It was supposed to be a great day, having fun with his best friends. There was Kel, with his laid back attitude. He had black hair similar to Pi’s, except longer and more waving. He was often seen sitting down, thinking of ways to make money. He was trying to raise enough to buy a sword. He said that swords were the ultimate way to become cool.
Then there was Van. He was a thin kid with brown hair and brown eyes. He was always joking around, and could never focus. Except about vampires. He loved them, always talking about becoming one, and getting to drink blood.
That was where it all started. Van had heard from his cousin’s friend’s neighbor that there was supposed to be a meeting of them in town. Van couldn’t believe it, he was so excited.
“C’mon Pi!”, Van whined, “Kel wants to go, why don’t you?”
Pi stood there and stared him down with his solemn grey eyes, and said, “Do you really expect me to believe that a group of your favorite monster shows up in our town? I mean, Undral? The most boring place in all of Alindor? Even if they did pick here, why should we go to them? That would be like a cake going to a fat guy convention. We’d be dead meat.” As always, Pi was the rock to their team, the reason and the letdown.
Van looked at him and said, “But what if they let us join them? We’d be able to leave this deadbeat town, and travel the world. What do you say?”
Before Pi could tell him no once more, Kel said, “What if I let you wear my hat?”
So there they were walking to the city warehouse that night, with Pi proudly wearing an old brown pirate hat that was so big it drooped past his eyes. They walked together in a line, until they reached the warehouse. It was a large metal building that people had expected to fall down years ago.
They had already agreed that Pi would look out for people coming, and Kel would keep watch inside the building, while Van went to make the deal.
Everything was calm until Kel said, “They’re nodding, and they are biting him!” Pi started walking over, when he heard Kel say almost fearfully, “No, something’s wrong, they’re acting afraid of him now. He- he’s glowing! Something bad is happening, I think.” He jumped of the small ledge in front of the window and said, “Run away! I think something’s gonna expl-“
The world suddenly blew up around them, cutting Kel short. Pi saw as Kel reached out, behind him a vaporizing wave, growing closer. The wave glowed with such blinding power, Pi’s eyes seared with pain. Pi reached towards him, and gasped as the wave hit Kel. He was torn apart, right in front of Pi’s face, down to the bone. As his face was nearly gone from view, he mouthed the word BROKEN.
As the wave came closer, Pi luckily (or unluckily) was hit by the sheer force of heated air beforehand. He was blasted some feet away from the scene, where his head was smashed against concrete. Before he fell into subconscious, he thought of what Kel’s last word had been. What was broken? Pi muttered aloud, “Broken?...”, and fell into the darkness.
Pi didn’t know how long he’d been unconscious, but when he had awoken, he heard the sound of sirens in the distance. He tried to raise himself, but felt weighed down. He twisted his head up to see what was holding him to the ground. To his utter shock, Van stood over him.
Except it wasn’t Van. This person had the same brown eyes, but as he was watching, they faded to a dull red. His hair was pitch black, choppy and longer on one side. He wore a black traveling cloak, and stood taller than Van. But it was Van nonetheless.
Pi looked at and stuttered out, “Van, how did you...” As he faltered off, he saw him holding the hat. All he could think about was getting it back for Kel. “Van, give me the hat back.”
As he stood over him, Van kept one foot on his chest and said, “No. I’m no longer going to keep staying in this stupid town like you want to. You’ll lead a boring life, while I shall travel the lands, killing as I wish.” As Van was looking at Pi, he noticed something odd. Pi’s eyes were now a bright amber color, seared in by the explosion. He leaned in close and whispered, “You’re not worthy of those eyes. They reflect the power you witnessed, my power. And as you’ll never be up to that power, I shall fix that for you.”
He raised his hand, to which Pi, in a confused state, saw his sharp talons as they would be best described. Van slowly reached forward and pierced Pi’s left eye. Pi screamed in agony, and Van pushed farther in to the eye socket, finally ripping out what was most likely Pi’s eye. It was seen only as a bloody unidentifiable sphere. Pi moaned in pain and fear as he saw Van reaching towards his other eye. It was then that the first police started to arrive.
Van jumped to his feet, and started walking away quickly. He turned back only once, grinning and showing his newly grown fangs, to say, “By the way. Van died in the explosion. Now there is only Vamp.” He turned back and sprinted away, soon to far from view.
The police found Pi at this moment, and drove him to the hospital, as they questioned him of who did this.
All he could say was, “I don’t know, but my friends are dead. Both of them are.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 8 comments. Post your own now!

CarrieAnn13 said...
This is interesting.  The character names are a bit ridiculous, but that's fine.  I didn't catch any major grammar/spelling errors either.  All in all, good job!

ArchimedesWhite replied...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 6:50 am

Well, the names were supposed to be silly, to counteract the seriousness of some of the plotline...

In other words, my sister was giving us nicknames by asking us what our favorite animal is. I said zombie, so she said my nickname is Zom. I didn't like that, so i made it into Zom-Zom the zombie raver.

My friends said Panda (Pan), Pirate (Pi [yeah, he's a guy]), and vampire (Vamp).

Oh yes, when i  post the next part of the story, Vamp's name will be different. I have ... (more »)

ArchimedesWhite replied...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 6:53 am

Hmm...

Seems that something odd happened when i last posted...

Either that, or i've gone insane again...

Oh well, i guess we'll never know. (Cackles malisciously)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 4:05 am
Hilarious and entertaining! I haven't quite finished this yet (I'm swamped with work), but I love what I've read so far. :)

ArchimedesWhite replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 8:52 am
Thanks. I actually got the inspiration of this story from Vampire Club by Voltaire. Have you heard of it?

Horrid_G said...
i liked it alot keep writing. also check out my book and give it some tips please

DinoNugget said...

This story is AWESOME!!!  I absolutely love it!  You are a fantastic writer.  Keep up the good work.  (Maybe check out by work?)  Write on!

-  Dino

ButterflyKiss replied...
Ok this plot is just silly! xD It makes me smile! The names are kind of silly, but it makes the story even more entertaining to read! :) Keep on writing, my fellow INKIE!!!