Home > Novel (Fiction) > Action-Adventure > Twins in the Tower

Twins in the Tower

Mary S.
Twins in the Tower
Summary: Hi, I'm Charlotte, the forgotten one. The disobedient one, the less loved one, and almost always the second best child, but that's okay, I guess. You probably have no idea who I am, but I know you all know my twin sister, Rapunzel. Everyone knows her. Everyone loves her, too, and I guess that includes me, despite the fact that she gets everything; she gets Mother's love, she gets all the attention, and she gets the boy of my dreams. On top of that, as much as I love her, she's a little pathetic. And dependant. And gullible... the list goes on and on. Oh, well, I guess that's just her: darling little helpless Rapunzel. Wish me luck, otherwise I might just kill her! Haha, kidding!... Kinda...

It seems Charlotte was born rebellious, so when Gothel kidnaps her and her sister, raises them in a tower, and tells them to stay put, what does she do? She sneaks out every night to join a band of thieves. When they rob a castle one night, Charlotte begins to unravel her past, but at what price?

CurlyGirl17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:40 pm:
I love this whole idea! Charlotte's really cool, and you do a good job of describing her character, something I find tricky sometimes. I'd really appreciate a comment or advice from you on the first chapter of my story, Metalligirl- you definitely seem to know what you're doing! :)

purpleroar23 said...
Great book! I love the angle you took, and awesome idea for a book. And if I were a movie-making person, I would totally make this a movie. :)

starbuxcoffee said...
This is really awesome, and super creative!! I can totally see this being a movie! I really love Charrlotte and Vincent. Please keep writing! :)

Steph0804 said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:07 am:

In my opinion, we should stop publishing "Rapunzel" and start printing "Twins in the Tower" :)

Then, everyone will know the truth ;)

Pedophobic said...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 5:38 pm:

Why can't i add this to my favorites?

:[

TheGoodTwin said...
May 9, 2011 at 7:06 pm:
Well this chapter is good, it doesn't have the heart-pounding action the last one has, but it's a little breather. It's good. Keep it coming......

Mary_S. replied...
May 11, 2011 at 7:21 pm :
hanks! Well, all they have to do is get some help and then they'll be all set to break Andrew and Tobias out of jail, and that's bound to be pretty action-packed, so... Once again, thanks for the comment, I'm doing my best to update soon!

MadWriter said...
May 3, 2011 at 8:46 pm:

I LOVE IT!  wow ! I never thought to add a twin to the repunzel story . So Creative Please write more Quickly but take your time make it as awesome as the other chaps

~CraZYWrIteR~

Mary_S. replied...
May 3, 2011 at 9:13 pm :
Thanks, I'm working on it right now, I swear!

flyingpinkgiraffes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
oh wow i love this!!! im a serious fairy tale person so this is PERFECT for me.  hurry up and put the rest up!!!!!! write quickly!

Mary_S. replied...
May 1, 2011 at 11:59 am :
K, I'll do my best!

Mara03851 said...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 10:39 am:

"I'm waiting, I'm waiting!"

"For what? And who are you, Spongebob?"

"Actually my name is Mara03851 and I am waiting for Mary_S. to put another chapter of her book out." "OMG, I love that book!" High Five!

So basically I'm trying to say, wonderful story, hopefully once you get this published and it's turned into a movie (no if's there!) then tangled will be old news :) I am also trying to say- Get out more chapters!

Mary_S. replied...
May 1, 2011 at 11:57 am :
Thank you so much :) I'm glad to hear you like it! I'm doing my best to get them out quickly, but this is one of the harder stories I've worked on.

TheGoodTwin said...

Great Story! 

The beginning sounds like something the brother's Grimm would write. The intro, where it switches to Charlotte is good.

The description is great, and the witty banter is funny. I like Vincent, he seems like the typical, (tortured), charismatic character that often appears in the best teen literature. 

I only have one comment: How does the mother know it's Charlotte? Is it because her silver hair is so distinctive? Or is it because the resemblance i... (more »)

Mary_S. replied...
Apr. 26, 2011 at 10:12 pm :

Thanks! You're asking the right questions; you're exactly the kind of reader I love having. Her mom recognizes her because of the distinctive silver hair, but when I was telling my mom and several other mothers (aunts, older cousins, etc) they all said that even without the hair, it's not that hard to believe in a Mother's instinct. I don't know if I agree with that, though.

I can assure you, that was something I always planned on clarifying, just later in the story. Also, the plot is ... (more »)

Mary_S. replied...
Apr. 26, 2011 at 11:33 pm :
Hm, I'm having trouble finding your stories. Could you maybe leave me the links?

TheGoodTwin replied...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 8:20 pm :

I tried, but for some reason i just can't seem to get it posted. If you can't find them, then that's ok. They're just in the novel sections, 

Away from Tragedy(realistic fic)

Among the Stars(romance fic)

Hands Stained Red(ACtion-adventure)

IN THE LIFE: A collection of Poems(other novels)

MysteryHeart said...
I love this ... if holy wood was smart they would take this idea and turn it into a movie.. cast.. cartoon... TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mary_S. replied...
Apr. 26, 2011 at 10:16 pm :
Thanks so much! My biggest hope would be that this could be a movie, I'm just worried no one would do it due to the recent movie Tangled. I'm very grateful for your comment, and I hope you'll keep following my story! I plan on updating as soon as possible, it's just that I'm making my chapters longer in this story than I ever used to, so it'll take a bit longer than I'm used to to get this out. Please be patient!

SaphirraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like the new twist in a classic story. Great Job! I hope you add more! :)