Target

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Preface

The pipe organ music started playing and everyone stood. They turned to face the aisle covered in pink rose petals. The bride stepped out from behind the giant wooden doors with a slight smile on her face. She stepped through slowly, trying not to crumple her white lace taffeta gown. The strapless top surrounded her body tightly and had a hint of sparkles to make her eyes shine. As she walked down the aisle to the sound of the music; she smiled and blushed from everyone’s big gazing eyes. Under her veil, her bright ruby red lipstick made her face glow. As she stepped up to the altar, the groom took her hand and led her next to him. The smile had disappeared from the woman’s dazzling face as she turned to the man. She wore a look of disgust as she touched the flowers of her bouquet. She dragged out a silver pistol and aimed for the man. The shot went through his heart. As he fell to the ground, the people screamed and ran.
The woman tore off her taffeta lace skirt, throwing it to the ground. She slid the top down revealing a black tube top. She walked out of the church in torn jeans, a black tube top, and black hiking boots. She hid the gun in her boot and ripped off the white blood spattered veil. She slid the sharp bobby pins out of her champagne blond hair and let it flow around her waist. Her piercing emerald eyes searched for the car. A black van drove by and parked. She stepped into the back of the van and closed the doors.
“Velcome back,” Vince greeted her in his Russian accent. She glared at him as she wiped the ruby red lipstick off. She stood in front of a mirror and wiped all the makeup away.
“I hate sparkles,” she spat back in her Russian accent. She shook sparkles out of her hair and wiped them off her face. She slid off the tube top and grabbed her undergarments. “This mission took vay too much of my time! First I must meet this man, have him fall in love vith me, then I have to go through vith an entire vedding and kill the man! I vasted a year of my life!”
“But it vas necessary for this mission,” he sat watching her as she changed. “You did get the disk, did you not?” he inquired.
The woman rolled her eyes. “Yes I got the disk,” she reached into her back pocket taking out a tiny blood covered disk.
The man smiled. “Good girl. Now, I have another target for you.”

emilybwrites said...
wow this was fantastic great imagery i loved it! please check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and please comment!!!

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:58 am:
*Sniff* I was hoping that Bernice was gonna kill Vince.

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:41 am:

Hm... if the woman pronounces her w's as v's, shouldn't she pronounce her th's as z's?

By the way, I was hooked from the first page :)

singingwriter14 said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 11:16 am:
Wow. I am so glad you added more to it. This is so good! Keep going. I need to know more! This would make an awesome movie. I like the suspense with Emmit. I mean, they didn't say he was dead, right? I am so pumped to read more! Go Ryter! :-D

RyterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 8:14 pm :
Thanks! Actually, everything I write, I see as a movie, hence my inspiration: real actors/actresses! I plan one day for one of my stories to be made into a movie! But we all know I've got 1/1000000000000000 (i dont even know how many zeros I just put...) chance of that ever happening. I guess I just have to meet the right people. :/

singingwriter14 replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 8:57 pm :
Well you never know...;-)

Mar. 23, 2011 at 9:00 pm :
One can dream, or one can work. Depends on how stressed I am at the time. LOL.

Basketball23 said...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 3:16 pm:
OH MY GOSH!!!!  I don't have a single thing to criticize about this.  Target is most definitely the BEST story I've every read.  GREAT JOB!!!  This is absolutely amazing!!!!  I love everything about this.  It must be so hard for Bernice to kill Emmit...awwww :`( It's so sad and emotional and everything.  This is fantastic!!!  I can't wait to hear the rest!!!!

Mar. 16, 2011 at 7:19 pm :
How do you know he's dead? Did you read my little side comment? >:)

Basketball23 replied...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 3:12 pm :
Oh my goodness!!!  Now I'm confused...is he dead or isn't he?!?!?!?!

Mar. 17, 2011 at 3:14 pm :
I don't know >:)

Basketball23 replied...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 3:17 pm :
You're so evil!!!!

Mar. 17, 2011 at 3:24 pm :
I know! xD

Basketball23 replied...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 3:29 pm :
Haha well I lvoe everything about it!!!  I can't wait to read more!!!

Medina D. said...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 8:43 pm:

Like charmiypiggy said, the story DID go a little faster then what i was used to, but i really enjoyed reading it!! There are SOME things you could fix, like in the flashback, you could make the flashback one lone paragraph. Even though i could tell it was a flashback (and an interesting one at that) you could use past tenses and stuff like that, to really set the scene...........But eventually i did get caught up in the story and the adventure and the romance.

But why was Bernice... (more »)

Mar. 11, 2011 at 9:05 pm :
Let me just say, they are not going to run away together. >:) does that put you back to the first square of figuring out what's going to happen?

Mar. 11, 2011 at 9:25 pm :
By the way: The disks are government secrets

Mar. 11, 2011 at 9:33 pm :
Urg! I can never get one thought onto one post! Bernice is a Russian spy/trained killer. I thought I made that clear, but I guess I'll have to make it a little more clear. The disks are US government secrets, and she is collecting them for her government's use. I know in real life, we are like allies (sp?) with Russia or something to that effect, but I'm also not sure when this takes place, but it doesn't matter really. This is basically a first draft and I'll have to fix some things up (obvious... (more »)

Medina D. replied...
Mar. 12, 2011 at 8:49 am :

yes, i knew Bernice was a Russian spy :) It reminds me of the movie Salt!

And thanks, that really clears it up!!

Now i kinda feel bad for the guy with the package. All because it was given to him, he's gotta be killed!

Mar. 12, 2011 at 8:56 am :
Haha, yeea. Well, you never know what may happen :)