Just Another Vampire Story

Author's note: I was inspired by many different authors. P.C. and Kristin Cast, Cassandra Clare, and a little...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired by many different authors. P.C. and Kristin Cast, Cassandra Clare, and a little bit of Stephenie Meyer. I'm not a huge vampire fan, but I tried a different genre. Hope it's good! :)  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

It All Started With Ready Whip

Megan was shopping in the supermarket with her friend, John. “Hey Meg, do you think your ma would mind if we buy Doritos?” Megan slapped him on his side. “Yes, but since when do I ever listen to her?” She sighed and threw the chips into the cart. Megan’s mom was always at a book club, with a place she never told Megan. “Why does your ma go to book clubs… they’re for…” he was searching for a word. “Smart people?” Megan guessed. “Yes!” he said and snapped his fingers. Megan gave him a once-over glance and rolled her eyes. “Not that your mom isn’t a very smart person… its just…” He was obviously struggling. “John?” she said. “Yeah?” he quickly responded and looked up. “Shut up.” She grinned.
The sky was getting darker, so Megan decided to check out. Afterwards, John jumped into his new red truck, he just got his license. “Megan, you use me to drive you around, I’m going to start charging interest” she glanced up and snapped, “My fun and hip conversations aren’t interesting enough?” He rolled his eyes and said, “You have a smart mouth.” She looked out the window, then at him, “Smart mouth, for a smart person.” “Maybe you should join the book club.”
“Maybe I will!” she said faking she was offended, putting her nose in the air. She had no idea that joining the book club was exactly what she had to do.

When Megan got home, her mom wasn’t there. She shrugged and put the groceries on the counter, emptying them into the refrigerator. Something tapped on her shoulder, and she turned around, there was John with a can of Ready Whip in his hands. “No! John I’m not in the-” but before she could finish her sentence, John sprayed it all over her face. She spat it back at him, and grabbed a can off the counter. She jumped over the couch and landed behind him. John was frantically looking for where she could be. Slowly but surely, he turned his head, and Megan sprayed it all over his face. Revenge. The door slammed open, and her mom was red in the face, her black hair showered down to her knees. “JOHN, GET OUT!” John hesitated, and grabbed his jacket. “Good night Ms...” she already slammed the door on his face. Megan wondered what had got in to her. “Megan sit” what? Was she a dog? “I have to tell you the truth Megan, I’m not normal” Megan chuckled and looked at her mom with annoyed eyes. “For the last time mom, everyone has cuticles under their nails.” Her mom wasn’t kidding, she had a poker face on, but you could tell she wasn’t going to laugh any time soon. “Honey, I’m... well, I’m a vampire.”

CountryPopGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 4:39 pm:

I like it so far, I just finished Chapter 4. I think that you should have actual written about the dream of marrying Jake, but hey. That's just me.

One more thing, some gramatical errors make it hard to follow sometimes, but I can still read it

CountryPopGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 5:21 pm :

OMG! A-maze-ing!!!

This reminds of one of my books. We Are Who We Are, at least it did until the last 2 chpaters.

Mine is about a girlfriend and her vampire boyfriend trying to avoid people trying to kill the vampire boyfriend.

Both our books have vampires, girl friends (wifes) and boyfriends (husbands) and some one that wants to get in between that.

would you please read it?