Who Will You Save?

Author's note: I was inspired by my friends because all of the characters in the story look exactly like all of...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired by my friends because all of the characters in the story look exactly like all of my closest friends. My one friend told me to base the main character off of me. She has my personality and looks, but a more exciting life. That's what you get with books.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Next »

Uh...How Bad Did I Hurt Myself?

Here is where you came in, when I realized I was officially dead. It was too bright, the sky was too blue, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. What you are waiting for is to hear about the most beautiful person I have ever met.
He looked like a God. He had honey blonde hair that made his green eyes pop. His skin, although almost tranparent, was deeply tanned and shimmered but what I noticed the most was his smile. It was like a celebrity. No, it was better than a celebrity's fake veneers. It was natural but unnatural at the same time, perfectly straight with an angelic gleam.
I looked at him and he looked back at me. He raised his hand to say hello to me. I returned the greeting and started to walk towards him. At least, I thought I was walking but when I looked at my feet, I was floating. My toes lightly brushed the grass of the meadow.
I finally reached him. He looked at me and smiled and I thought my head might blow off from excitement.
"Hello. My name is Xavier. I am your greeter," he said.
I attempted to talk but no words came out. I could only see the air from my weak breath.
"Ah, yes. I should mention you cannot talk. Only I am allowed to speak for I shall guide you unto thy heavenly gates."
I looked at him questioningly and he took my hand. His touch felt warm and sent a tingle up my spine. My face must have turned red by then because I could feel it becoming hot.
"Unless you wish to return to your body," he said with a smile.
I nodded to him. Not that I didn't love this absolutely gorgeous guy holding my hand and making me tingly all over, but I did want to return to my life. I wanted Greg and I wanted my bed and sadly, I wanted school.
Xavier gave me one quick nod and closed his eyes. I felt the sudden tugging again and then I was back in my body. I heard a siren wailing and my eyes fluttered open. Greg was standing by my mother, and he was crying. My mother was crying too. It was a complete shock. She never cried.
"Miss, can you hear me? We are here to help you," said one of the EMTs.
My head was throbbing from uncontrollable pain. The EMTs lifted me onto a stretcher and put me in the back of the ambulance. They left the doors open for a little so I could hear what they were saying.
"We will take her to the hospital and they can take care of her from there. You can ride in the ambulance with us if you would like, Ms. Embers, but the young man will have to drive there himself," said an EMT.
"Her injury looks pretty bad. She definitely recieved a concussion but the doctor will see if anything else has gone wrong. It's surprising she is still alive," said the other.
One closed the doors while the other climbed into the driver's seat. My mother got into the passenger seat of the vehicle and we began to drive off to the hospital.
The drive seemed like it took forever. By the time we got there, I felt like passing out and my head was killing me (ha ha. "killing me." get it?). The EMTs lifted me out of the ambulance and rolled me into the hospital.
After an hour of listening to the doctor talk and explain medical terms to me, I decided I wanted to sleep.
"I was worried about you," Greg said as he lightly stroked my hair.
"It was scary but I don't want to talk about it."
"Okay baby. I'll let you sleep. Goodnight. I love you."
He bent down and gently kissed my forehead.
"Love you too. Goodnight," I said as a yawn accented my words.
I was laying in bed trying to sleep when I heard a tapping on the window. I got up and opened it and Xavier came in. Well, technically, drifted in.
"Hello and how are you this beautiful night?"

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

emilybwrites said...
great job! please check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate :)

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
very unique  great story  please check out and comment on my story Manso's Shame  it's pretty short so it wont take long to read  i would really appreciate any feedback at all

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 30, 2011 at 12:26 am

This is very unique! I can't wait until you complete it!

There are a few minor errors that can be corrected, though (guardian is not spelled with a "q").

Please read and comment on my novel SuperNOVA. Thanks :D

Lex2011 replied...
Feb. 1, 2011 at 5:42 am
yea. its like being stupid. i have it spelled right but it cuts off the bottom of the "g"

Emmadilemma said...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 10:21 am
wow!! first sentence completely captured me in. Great plot and great job!!!

Lex2011 replied...
thanks a lot. i've been writing this since june and i may add more. i