Home > Novel (Fiction) > Action-Adventure > Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

Sarah W.
Summary: “Look alive, sunshine! 109 in the sky and the pigs won’t quit.” Dr. D’s voice blares through the tiny battery powered radio that Jet Star brought with him. Bill was already awake, but the voice had startled him enough to scream, waking Helena. She left her tent, gun in hand, prepared to defend Bill.
What would cause six teenagers and a ten year old to leave the comfort of their homes to go live in the desert? For the Killjoys it could be anything from freedom to fame.
Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys follow The Killjoys, a gang from Fossil, Oregon, as they fight against the elements, themselves, and most importantly; The Pigs. The Pigs were their rivals from back home. To protect themselves and the rest of the country from the wrath of The Pigs, The Killjoys decided to lead them to the emptiest place they could; Battery City. Battery City was in the barren deserts of Arizona.
With the help of their local radio host, Dr. Deathdefy, the Killjoys hoped to defeat every Pig standing, but they run into a few dilemmas along the way.
Based on the songs from the newly released album by punk rock band My Chemical Romance, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys tells the story of 6 teenagers running away from the comfort of their homes back in cheerful, calm Oregon to the rough deserts of Arizona. As if running away wasn’t enough they have to fight against The Pigs, a gang similar to theirs for the life of Bill, a child who left his own home to get away from his strict, boring life.

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 25, 2010 at 10:33 am

Your chapters are really short, some of the characters' names are flat out incorrect, and Gee has said in interviews that the Killjoy's names specifically refer to their guns. The idea is that if Party Poison's gun was to be passed on to someone new, they would don the title of Party Poison.

This was an okay first attempt, but I'd like to see what you can create without relying on others' work.

Jacob44 replied...

Sarahwaxxy, I thought that your work was actually enteresting. And as a reference to the Time Keeper's comment: it is nearly impossible to write a story with out inspiration and almost all stories had ideas sliced from others. There is nothing wrong with how you wrote it. Long chapters are irrelevant. Chapters are as long as you need them to be to fit the needed info. Keep up the good work and take your time, your doing much better than I(i can formulate a plot but just can't get it into cont... (more »)

Jacob44 replied...

Ps

Cool names

Sarahwaxxy replied...
Dec. 26, 2010 at 11:10 am
Thank you so much Jacob44 I really appriciate it and Timekeeper I didn't write it to continue their story I wrote it to make it my own which I think I did. The names are based on what I believed they were. It has barley anything to do with My Chem themselves and more on what the story I created was conveying. I appriciate you saying it was an okay attempt though.

RosyPosie96 replied...
So it's kinda like Fargo in that way?

RosyPosie96 replied...
PS-Great story. Keep writing!