SuperNOVA | Teen Ink

SuperNOVA

By Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Summary:

John Lange was your typical New York detective. At least, that's what he's been told. The only thing Lange can remember is getting caught in a near fatal explosion, and now his ex-wife's employers, an organization known only as Project NOVA, have become his only lifeline. No one's willing to tell the whole truth, and no one can be trusted. NOVA's own operatives have been disappearing, and someone on the outside has been watching Lange for a long, long time.

But before Lange can investigate the secretive Project NOVA, he's going to have to learn the truth about himself. And the secrets John Lange's own mind hides may yet make this case his last!

Frank C.

SuperNOVA

on Jun. 11 2011 at 3:25 pm
ZeeBYoung BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania

Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. :)

Your welcome :)

on Jun. 9 2011 at 3:22 pm

I agree, but I'm biased :P

on Jun. 9 2011 at 3:21 pm

Thanks, you rock!

on Jun. 9 2011 at 3:21 pm

Thanks dear, I love you. <3

on Jun. 4 2011 at 5:12 pm

You're writing style reminds me of James Patterson.

on May. 12 2011 at 6:58 am
wow. This is awesome! It has grown so much since when I first read it.  You've come such a far way, and I eagerly await more! Seriously, fantastic!

SJ_101 said...
on May. 11 2011 at 6:18 pm
SJ_101, Somewhere, New York
This book is definitely 5 stars. :)

Horrid_G said...
on May. 11 2011 at 2:07 pm
Horrid_G, San Lorenzo, California

this book ishorrid

on May. 10 2011 at 10:07 am

Well, SuperNOVA has been around in one solid form or another since January 2010, though formal work on it began in September 2010. I began work on the final draft in March, and it should be completed by either July or August. A year and a half is roughly an accurate estimate.

SJ_101 said...
on May. 9 2011 at 4:32 pm
SJ_101, Somewhere, New York

I'm sorry to bother you, but I have just one more question. How long did I take you to write the novel? Like, when did you start writing this novel?

Everyone says it takes at least a year to write a novel. That's so long! :(

on May. 9 2011 at 3:20 pm

Thanks a ton! I should have a lot of free time this week and some major progress on the final draft will be made!

SJ_101 said...
on May. 8 2011 at 2:53 pm
SJ_101, Somewhere, New York

Good luck! I understand that the first draft may not be the best. :) I can't wait to read the full version!

Seriously, this plot is way interesting. It's definitely worth reading!

on May. 8 2011 at 11:52 am

SuperNOVA fans, today we hit two big milestones in terms of comment count and ratings, thank you to all of my fans! The author interview will likely be going online tonight, tomorrow at the latest. Thank you all for being patient.

In the meantime, if you're interested in reading a short opinion piece I've written about Charlie Sheen, head over to the Opinion > Celebrity/Entertainment section of TeenInk.

on May. 8 2011 at 11:50 am

I understand why you're confused-- the 10 chapters currently posted on TeenInk were only the first 1/5th of that draft! The full version should make things much more clearer.

The word count for the final draft should be just over 120,000 words (roughly 10,000 words per chapter). I have not selected a publishing company yet, I'm currently looking for an agent to represent me.

on May. 8 2011 at 11:48 am

Yeah, I can definitely see the Bourne series as an influence, though the novel takes a vastly different approach to the concept-- there's not that many "cool, showoffy action" sequences, mostly due to the text based narrative.

on May. 8 2011 at 11:47 am

Thanks, you'll definitely enjoy the final draft then-- the first three chapters are about 96 pages in word -- the first three chapters in this draft were only about 12.

SJ_101 said...
on May. 7 2011 at 5:26 pm
SJ_101, Somewhere, New York

OMG! This was awesome, it really was. :) I loved all the details. Everything was bright and vivid; it was as if I could actually imagine the scenes.

To be honest, I felt a little confused at times. Don't take this personally, please. The plot and everything was great! It's just that I got confused with what was happening. Hmm . . . also, the ending was confusing, too. It took me a while to understand. For example, the part about Cassidy and Riley was confusing. I still don't get who they are. They are part of Project NOVA? If they are, why are they "hurting" John.

Also, I saw a few grammar mistakes, but I'm pretty sure you will fix that.

Overall, it was excellent. :) This was definitely 1,000% worth reading!

I have two questions:

1) How many words is your final piece? Like, the word count - how long is it?

2) What publishing company did you go to?

on May. 7 2011 at 2:18 pm
IncorrectlyWired GOLD, Milford, Virginia

"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle

I'll probably be reading a chapter or so a day, but not because I'm not sucked into it. This is really good! A little bit Bourne, but really interesting.

on May. 7 2011 at 6:29 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

This is so amazing! Your style of writing is exciting and I found myself drawn to the story. I’d love to see more though. The dialogue is realistic, and the characters well thought out. There’s a reason your book was rated #1 :) 

on May. 6 2011 at 2:52 pm

Hey SuperNOVA fans, just a quick update. I'm doing some prep work for the video interview and that should be up sometime today.

A huge thank you to all of my fans for making SuperNOVA today's highest rated novel, that's always a big help.

If you like SuperNOVA, be sure to check out any of the other 30+ pieces I have published online by TeenInk, especially the short fiction piece "Sleep Away Camp", I think some of you will really see where that's coming from.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare