SuperNOVA

By Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Summary:

John Lange was your typical New York detective. At least, that's what he's been told. The only thing Lange can remember is getting caught in a near fatal explosion, and now his ex-wife's employers, an organization known only as Project NOVA, have become his only lifeline. No one's willing to tell the whole truth, and no one can be trusted. NOVA's own operatives have been disappearing, and someone on the outside has been watching Lange for a long, long time.

But before Lange can investigate the secretive Project NOVA, he's going to have to learn the truth about himself. And the secrets John Lange's own mind hides may yet make this case his last!

Frank C.

SuperNOVA

ssv145 BRONZE said...
on Oct. 19 2011 at 5:25 pm
ssv145 BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan
MAN! i love every story like this, but this is awesome! Can't wait for the rest! (P.S., read my book, unknown-day one. It'll be on the site soon, and it'll get better! TRUST ME!

on Oct. 17 2011 at 5:17 pm
bookwormishgirl PLATINUM, Merion, Pennsylvania

This is wonderful! I'd like to point out that in chapter 7, you wrote "a-wall". I think you meant AWOL, as in Absent Without Official Leave, as in "we don't know where he is or why he's not here".

Just a small correction so you can fix it in the final draft. I can't wait to read more!

on Oct. 16 2011 at 8:20 pm

Glad you dig the novel man, keep rating/commenting/reading. Recommend it to your friends! Every little bit helps.

on Oct. 16 2011 at 8:20 pm

Ha ha, thank you so much! You're the first person to say that about John, but I've had more than a few hint at it! I'm glad you liked it so much :D

on Oct. 16 2011 at 8:18 pm

I didn't get any money for having it published in the magazine, but it did provide some much needed exposure. I also received sticky notes and a pen.

on Oct. 16 2011 at 8:18 pm

Thanks, Limbo. I'm hard at work on the final draft of the novel, which should clock in at around 120,000 words. The average novel is 60,000 words, which is the reason it's taking me so long!

on Oct. 16 2011 at 8:17 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you can see the science-fiction undertones. In earlier drafts (most of which never met paper) the Project had a much stronger science fiction element, and at one point the story heavily involved time travel as a plot element.

on Oct. 16 2011 at 7:59 pm
Love it, bro, love it. This is the kind of stuff I look forward to!!!

on Oct. 15 2011 at 11:15 pm
applesauceHater SILVER, Nikolaevsk, Alaska
Ooh i love it!!! Can' t wait for more!!! Cool that  you got it published in Teen Ink Maagazine(do you get money for that0_o?). I'm writing a book too(not on here yet though). Hope I can even make it an ounce as awesome as yours.

Limbo said...
on Oct. 12 2011 at 5:42 am
Sweet novel man, I was in suspense the whole time!! When are you going to post the rest?

GreyGirl ELITE said...
on Oct. 12 2011 at 4:35 am
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
As a fan of sci-fish stuff, I LOVE this! *****

on Oct. 12 2011 at 12:19 am
TheGirlWhoDancesWithSnowflakes SILVER, Sunnyvale, Texas

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
- C. S. Lewis

Wow! Normally, I'm not the type to like stories like this, but I just can't help but fall in love with your story! The plot is original, your perfect sense of grammar makes me smile, and I'm pretty sure I just developed a crush on John. -^_^- Lol Great job!

on Oct. 11 2011 at 4:05 pm

Thank you so much! Let me know what you think of the rest of it as you continue to read!

on Oct. 11 2011 at 4:05 pm

Thanks, Morris. Keep recommending the novel to your friends!

on Oct. 11 2011 at 4:05 pm

I agree lol

Morris J. said...
on Oct. 8 2011 at 6:38 pm
Wow, this blew me away! Keep it up, all ten chapters kept me coming back for more. You are certainly a writer to watch.

on Oct. 8 2011 at 5:12 pm
KenyaLove41 GOLD, Dallas, Texas

"Day, n. A period of twenty-four hours, mostly misspent." ~Ambrose Bierce
"Nothing is Impossible, the word itself says 'I'm Possible!'" ~ Audrey Hepburn
"Good writing is only bad writing revised"~ Unknown

Heey, i've only read the first chapter so far but plan to read more but i love love love the introdution to your book very ingenious x) keep writing!;p

DeeCaf said...
on Oct. 8 2011 at 12:23 am
DeeCaf, No Way, Other

That's the thing about cake, it demands to be eaten.

That's enough thank you's to last me a while! :D

on Oct. 6 2011 at 5:03 pm

Hey guys, I've had another one of my pieces published in the Teen Ink print magazine! If you head over to Fiction >Thriller/Mystery, my short story "The Trees" was printed in the October 2011 print issue!

on Oct. 6 2011 at 5:02 pm

Thanks Dee :D

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!