The Game | Teen Ink

The Game

April 4, 2019
By Anonymous

The Game

Hi, im Thomas. Im 27 years old I have a loving wife and a beautiful daughter named emma. I was stuck on island for 89 days and eleven hours. I have been living off the land hunting the insects and animals and drinking coconut water. I have no idea how I got here I just I remember I was in jamaica and then I was here. I periodically have sharp pains in my neck and it feels almost as if it is vibrating and i have never had this before, anyways when i first got here i only had my clothes and watch that i had on and a envelope that when opened the note just said 18.

My life here on this lively island full of snakes, spiders, huge wasps and anything you can pretty much think of is my home, and i have grown to accept it. By the third day I knew no one was coming for me. I started to build a shelter from the drift wood on shore and whatever I could find on the island near the beach I woke up on, I didn't dare to go into the wilderness without weapons or even proper shoes as I was wearing sandals and not to mention I didn’t even know what was in there. I did everything you could think of to the movie things like burning leaves in a fire for black smoke to carving help me in the sand nothing worked. No one came and I felt hopeless but I knew I would die if I fell into depression so I made the best out of it by dancing and singing songs while doing my activities it wasn't as bad as you would think.

By the 15th day I had learned how to live off the land very well, and learned how to make weapon such as knives and axes by breaking rock into a sharp point.I also had came in contact with the first wildlife a few days earlier, It was a giant lizard it scared the heck outta me, but I also knew if there was one there were more so I got one of my axes and chased it down swinging viciously at it knowing it was the first piece of meat I could have in days, man I miss chicken fingers. After that I made covers for my sandals out of the skin and cooked the rest of the meat over a fire I made. You really would be surprised how

Day 22 is when I made my first venture into the wilderness  knowing that there were snakes, spiders and all of the above. I discovered a cool tree so I got on top and started flexing, next thing you know BOOM I feel off but something had pushed me, I got up and saw a half naked man standing on my tree. I said “Hey that's my tree man” he doesn't respond but picks up my axe that I left on the tree when i was flexing and throws it at me impaling my leg and he starts to charge at me. ZZZzzzZZZZzzZZZzzzZZZZ a strong vibration in my neck everything felt slow motion and I looked at the half naked man charging at me and he was in slow motion to, yet i was still moving at regular speed. I also had no pain in my leg yet when i looked down there was still a handle sticking out of my leg. I started sprinting at him to, flying hammer fisting him in the face knocking out the few teeth he had left. I Had sprinted as fast as i could out of that jungle with  the axe still stuck in my leg not noticing it was there.

When i got to my hut, I sat down on the floor and i didnt feel tired, hurt or scared. In fact I Just had noticed the axe was still in my leg, not knowing how to handle wounds like this I Grabbed the axe and pulled the handle forcefully upwards. Pulling the axe out of my leg was the worst pain i've ever experienced, this was the first time i ever had felt my leg hurting once i got impaled. There was blood everywhere, once i finally pulled it out I wrapped my shirt around the wound immediately. I thought i would die from blood loss and thought to myself  “might as well go to sleep”, but to be completely honest i hoped i would die. The next morning “day 23” I wasn't dead liked i prayed for last night In fact I was feeling to well, I unwrapped my shirt and it revealed, nothing absolutely nothing. There was no scar no blood at least on my leg, my shirt was soaked. I was astonished i was slapping my leg to make sure it was mine, “why does my life suckadoodledoo” I said to myself. After that all happened i didn't plan to go back in that jungle again.

Day 37, the sharp pain in my neck is getting a lot stronger day by day and is affecting my activities now. I have to drop everything and fall to my knees holding my neck just hoping it will stop. I also find myself waking up in places i did not fall asleep with blood on my hands or all over me, I have no cuts, bruises or any type of injury. I haven't came in contact with the half naked man since the incident. I wonder if there is more of them, I needed to find out.

Day 78, I have convinced myself i am going to die here, so I tell myself that i'm not going to be alone. I head into the forest once again this time with a goal of contacting someone or something. I didn't care if they killed me as long as I wouldn't be alone. It had to been about three hours into the journey to find civilization I came across a old well, I knew there must have been people here at one point in time. As i'm walking through this dense forest i think about what i would be doing at home right now and how much I miss my wife and daughter. My father always said to me “you never realise you dont got people to support you until you really don't” and now I know what he meant by that. I have never felt so alone in this world than here on a island in the middle of the ocean. Soon I had stumbled upon a large metal door as if it as a bunker, I tried opening it, it was locked and I knew if there were people inside they might think i'm one of the half naked guys. I've been walking for about 6 hours and I start to smell smoke I got excited and scared, I kept going in the way i smelt the smoke and about another 15 minutes of walking i hear a loud CLANK, BOM right into a trap. The pain was not there though in fact my foot was fine it was the trap that got damaged. The trap was bent out of shape and a a spot where it was the size of my calf. I put my hands together and close my eyes and look up and thank the lord for blessing me, but when I opened my eyes bodies, hundreds of bodies women, men and kids just hanging from the trees. I take a closer look at the faces its.. Its… my family the kids were all my daughter the women were all my wife and the men were….. Me. I knew my time was to come so i just started sprinting as fast as i could and the deeper i went the more and more graphic the bodies got from being impaled on a stick to them with animals feeding on them, I closed my eyes knowing i could hit a tree or something else but i didn't. I just kept running and running never opening  my eyes.

Day 89, I wake up tied to a chair with screens all around me showing my time through the island, me building my hut to me killing my first lizard it was all here but how and why. The screens turned black, I could see myself in the reflection. A loud voice came over “good job subject eighteen, you will be moving on. And now i'm here writing this because they said whatever I want to remember from that day right down, I remember the person saying “from that day” over and over and over.

 


 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.