Taken | Teen Ink

Taken

By AidanZ15, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
AidanZ15, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This morning as I woke up I do my usual thing. I eat breakfast and watch some tv. Then I got an unexpected phone call from a blocked number. When I answer it was my brother that was on the phone, it sounded like that he was in trouble. He said that he was taken from work and got put in a truck. He needed my help.  I was thinking of what to do. I can’t tell my parents about what trouble my brother is in. I told my mom that I was going out and will be home later. There was no way I was finding him. I looked all around the neighborhood and nothing was in sight. I looked down every street, ally, and car but, then I remembered I can track his phone where ever he is. Wow, it says he is at 33rd and Dickinson. I called an Uber just to the street so I can find where ever he might be. When I get to his location I look down the street but nothing to be seen but, it says that he is down the block. Then I see one big truck and That looks suspicious.  When I go to the door I unlock the doors so I can let him out. When I open it it’s just his phone that’s in the truck that fell out of his pocket when they got to their location. As I scream his name about a million times, I hear him finally call back. As I look around, I see him at an open window right across the street from the truck. I get to the house and I try to open the door but it won’t budge. I grabbed a hammer from the truck and whack it until the door falls down. When I walk in one of the dude start attacking me and tries to tie me up. I roll him off of me and hit with a hammer right to the jaw and he was out like a light. This hammer is a good weapon to use to defend my self from those people. I walk upstairs and the first thing is see is a note saying there is 5 left until you get who your looking for. I walk in a room there is a person but he is turned back in a corner. When he turns around I’m hitting him with my hammer. As he turned around it was my brother and I almost killed him. When I grabbed him, me and him were trying to escape. There were 4 dudes waiting down stairs. I threw my brother a crowbar and said that “we are fighting.”  As we start fighting my brother was in trouble. I knocked 1 of them off and my brother knocked the other. Then we put out the rest of those people. Then we ran outside went in the truck and grabbed Austin’s belongings. Then we went home and it was our little secret. We never told anyone what happened about today. Then the next day, we get a message from the same dude. He wants to fight us. Tonight at a parking lot at 7th and Dickinson. We said that we will go at 6. My brother was getting really worried about going back because what if we both get taken. We will be missing forever and might even die. So we got prepared about what might go down tonight. After we got our supplies we were ready to go. When we get to the warehouse, we see a guy waiting for us at the door. My brother said “that’s the guy that took me.” When we got over there he only said one that and said it real loud, “ It’s a prank!” My brother and the dude started laughing and I was shocked frozen. they told me how everything went down. The guy which is my brothers co worker, helped with the prank and is his house. I told my brother “ you got me aust, but just wait on something to come back on you with something way worse than this.” As we got in the car and started to head home. That was such a scary experience for me and my brother did all of that just to prank me. Well played.