Claire’s Combat with Hades

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »

Holy Olympus...

The car now was on a driveway of clouds. They had been pulled into what seemed to be a different dimension!  As it pulled up to the final destination, Claire and Zack witnessed Olympus. It was a brightly colored castle with pillars of white marble embellished in gold. Stone statues with dark marble plaques filled the enormous courtyard. About the size of fifty football fields, there were fountain of holy water with a choir of muses singing to welcome Zeus.  The bushes were in the shape of a labyrinth that spelled out Zeus. You could see Hera’s rose bushes in full bloom.. The delicate and colorful petals crowded the bush like girls at a Justin Bieber concert. Inside, all were dressed in white silk robes with gold decores. The palace was just as impressive. Handcrafted tables, chandeliers, and even portraits filled each room. Feasts of the finest delicacies left their mouths watering! The smell of the roasted turkey with the assortment of gourmet cheeses and the plumpest most juicy fruit in the world restion in massive China bowls. The salmon on a bed of asparagus with balsamic vinegar filled the room. There were bowls of rice, and dishes of golden baguettes with small square of salted butter. The next table had treats such as italian cannolis, tiramisu, croissants, pain au chocolate,  and every pie or cake ever desireable.  In a hurry, Zeus sat his guests in chairs of italian leather and diamond engraving.

“After the journey you must be famished, so go ahead and enjoy!” Zeus announced
“Let us waste no time.