I Will Discover

Chapters:   1 2 Next »

Lies

Jace's parents called him into their room one afternoon and sat him down. He was four years old.
 "Am I in trouble?" like every other four year old, that's the first thing that comes to mind, when they get called in their parents room.
"No-" his mother began, getting interupted by her husband.
 "Unless you did something." his father stated.
 "It's time you start going to camp." his father said.
 "What's a camp?" Jace asked, climbing onto his parents bed.
 "Camp is a place you stay at for awhile, away from home, and you learn and do fun activities." the mother said.
 "But, son, remember whatever you learn or do at camp you can't speak of it with anyone." continued the father.
 "Why?" Jace asked.
 "Because, this is a camp for special kids, and if you tell someone ... people will take you from us ... forever."
 Then the doorbell rang. Mr. Parker answered the door. When the door opened all the way, stood a little girl; about Jace's age and her parents.
 "Hello, I'm Jonathan Break and my wife, Megan."
 "Nice to meet you. I'm Cole Parker and my wife, Lilly." they shook hands.
 "This is our daughter, Quinn." Megan said, with her hands on Quinn's shoulder.
 Jace walked in the door way.
 "Hi." Jace said, as he waved to Quinn.  "This is our son, Jace." Cole said.
 "Hi." Quinn replied, shyly.
 "Quinn's four. How old are you?" Magen asked.
 Instead of speaking, Jace held up four fingers - along with a big grin on his face.  "Well we just wanted to introduce ourselves. We're your new neighbors." Megan stated.
 "That's nice." Lilly said.
 "Well, we'll be out of your hair now." Megan said.
 "Mommy, can I stay and play with Jace?" Quinn asked, holding her moms pant leg.  Megan looked at the Parkers.
 "She can stay for awhile, while y'all unpack." Lilly said.
 "Ok, then." Megan said.
 "Yes! Come on, Come on! Look at my room." Jace said, as he pulled Quinn up the stairs to his room.

Over the past twelve years of play dates, sleep overs, defending eachother from bullies, and mistakes now and then; Jace and Quinn's friendship grew.
 Quinn wondered why Jace's camp was one weekend, skip a weekend, and so forth, but he never her told her. He claimed he didn't know. She gave up after a few years. Jace didn;t like to lie to Quinn, but he had to.

Quinn was in her room one night. She layed papers out on her bed and began to organize them. The sound of of pebbles tapping on the window interupted her. She got up from her, rarely used, bed and walked over to the window. When she looked out the window, she smiled and opened it.
 "Well, hello, Mr. Quarterback." She sat on the window-sill bed - that she usually slept on.
 "Hey, c'mon down." Jace said.
 "Why?"
 "Because, my dear friend, you've been working on those songs of yours for the past week. It's time you have some fun."  Silence.
 "Ok." she smiles.
 Jace smiled. Quinn started to climb out the window.
 "Hey, get ready to catch." Quinn said.  The side of the house wasn't the easiest place to climb down or up.
 Quinn looked at Jace, and saw he was ready. She pushed away from the building, let herself fall eighteen feet, and landing directly into Jace's arms. Jace started to walk toward his car with Quinn in his arms.
 "Boy, put me down. I can walk." she demanded.
 "You'll live." Jace said, as he placed her in the passenger seat.
 Quinn went limp, pretending to be dead.  When Jace sat in the drivers seat, Quinn gasped - "I'm alive!"
 Jace smirked at her known sillyness.
 "So, where are we going?" Quinn asked.  "To a park." "Cool - wait which park?"  "The Dearing park."
 "Is my skate board still in here from last time?" Quinn looked toward the back seat.
 "Yeah." Jace said turning a curve.  "Where?" "Floorboard. Backseat."
 Jace drove a red Ford F-150 Throttle Jock truck. Four doors. a bed, leather seat, and football sticker on the rear window. He got it his seventeenth birthday and it means a lot to him.

Chapters:   1 2 Next »