Chasing Dreams | Teen Ink

Chasing Dreams

March 14, 2017
By Savannah.W PLATINUM, Joliet, Montana
Savannah.W PLATINUM, Joliet, Montana
46 articles 41 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.


Summary:

 Jason and Jenny each have chores to do for the ‘family’. Jason’s job is to clean the house, which is a constant project because of all of the birds and kids. He also helps Carrol with anything that’s physically demanding. Jenny’s job is to cook and teach the younger girls. Jason’s days are always filled with the same routine: Wake up, eat breakfast, body build, read books, do chores, body build, read some more, eat and then return to his cold room where he reads until falling asleep. Lyn and Katie’s days, on the other hand, are filled with dance classes, gymnastics and the outside world. They are high-achieving homeschoolers, who have lots of friends. While Carrol and the two, younger children are well known and liked by the community, hardly anyone knows about the two older teens.

Except for the solace he finds in the books he reads, Jason hates his life. His favorite books are anything that take him back to his days on the ranch. He reads everything from Lonesome Dove to the upcoming PBR schedule. He sits for hours, living through the stories of bull riders and ranch hands. 


Savannah W.

Chasing Dreams


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.