Perfect

Author's note: Hi! This is Ella for ourwritersnotebook. I'm pleased to preset you with my work. Enjoy!
Author's note: Hi! This is Ella for ourwritersnotebook. I'm pleased to preset you with my work. Enjoy!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Chapter One

"Alesia Roger?" barks my landlord in clipped voice. He scowls at me through the peephole of the thick dark wood door.

"Oh! Just a moment Mr. Fish!" I call back. Seven deadbolts later, I swing open the door and stand face to face with him. "What's up?"

"Where's your parents at?" he asks nosily, peering around me and into the neatly ordered living room.

A jolt of something like fear bristles over me, just as it always does when someone mentions my parents.
~Ella

But, thanks to years of practice, my voice is steady as I return coldly, "They're sleeping. It's been a long day at work. If you need to talk to them, you're going to have to wait."

"Nah. S'not them. It's you." He digs around in his overlarge pocket and retrieves a bent envelope. "Says it's for you."

Without pausing to say anything else, he hands me the letter and abruptly turns away to leave.

I listen to his footsteps thudding away down the stairs before I close the door quietly and return to my apartment.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

PotterWhoLocked said...
Umm, hello? It ended! Please write more, it's great! Fantastic premise too!

ourwritersnotebook replied...
May 25, 2013 at 1:26 am
Thanks SO much! I will definetly be writing and posting more- soon! Your support is much appreciated! ~Ella