My Tail

Author's note: I wasn't inspired to write this like others are. They see something and jot it down. I read a...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wasn't inspired to write this like others are. They see something and jot it down. I read a book myself that was very cool. I hope this book inspires others to write as well.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

Good-Byes

The next morning everyone was ready to go. Althea had met us at the docks with 3 duffle bags full of clothes and special objects. Mom had went out and bought Raviolis, Ramen Noodles, and soup to feed an army. I took out my list of people that were coming with us and did roll call.
“Mom! Dad! Chris! Sadye! Althea!” I called. Everyone said here when I called them. “Does everyone have what they need?” They all nodded and muttered yes.
“Coral do you have enough bathing suits?” Mom asked. I gave her the thumbs up. I had 10 bathing suits in my room for at the island.
Mom was way happier with Dad here. They both kept glancing lovingly at each other, I was so happy to have both of them back. Dad had given her a beautiful necklace with a silver heart locket in the middle. Dad had a matching one that was golden.
I was very nervous about going to the island. I kept wondering about it. Was there anyone else who lived on the island? If there was other people, were they nice? I was going to miss living on the coast of North Carolina.
I still hadn’t figured out why the necklace my dad had given my mom made my tail longer then it was before. I hoped that it would be revealed soon enough. I was looking forward to getting to know my dad while we were at the island.
We departed for the island with so many questions. Our future from this point was unclear.
What new challenges would we face? How would we adapt to island living?
All I knew for sure was had both of my parents and my best friend with me. Whatever came next I wouldn’t be alone and I was ready to face it with them by my side.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12