Don't Ask, Wouldn't Lie

Author's note: Please comment!
Author's note: Please comment!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Death is full of Tech

“I can’t believe I’m actually doing this,” I murmured. Brianna stood in front of me. She stared down at a computer.
“Uh huh. Don’t worry, Hon. It’ll be fine. Just die and I’ll take care of the technical details.”
After I told Brianna I would go, Brianna let me in on tiny little detail of what had to happen:I have to die. George’s already done it. And it’s not really dying. Brianna just tampers with the machine, makes sure no doctor succeeds in saving me, and vola.
Sooooo sorry that it took me a while to repost! I just got so caught up with school and forgot that I hadn't posted it :) but here it is!
I’m dead. They pretend they burn me and there’s no evidence left behind. Brianna already replaced the video cameras so they wouldn’t capture the moment.
And I’m erased. No one thinks I’m alive and I’m dead according to every single record. At the new school I officially erase Hannah Kennington and a new character is born. My name, personality, maybe even my hair, will change. Hannah Kennington is dead.
Back to the present.
I nodded and pretended to drift off (by the way, drifting off in a hospital bed that you’ve barley left in the past week is really hard). I tossed in my ‘sleep’ and pretended to be deep in sleep. Apparently, Brianna’s been watching me, and I fall asleep almost instantly.
That’s when the beeping started. It was an intense beep and the only time I’ve ever heard it before is on one of those doctor shows where it’s always a close call and the patient miraculously survives. Except this time, I wouldn’t be surviving.
Brianna gave a small yelp. “She’s dying! Help! Doctor help!”
Through my eyes lashes I saw a man with greying hair come in. A white lab coat swirled around his ankles from running. He rushed to my side and immediately began pressing buttons, muttering to himself. I had to stop myself from pointing out that muttering to himself was a real pointless waste of time. If you were going to waste time, waste it good.
Slowly the beeping died down. Through my eyelashes, the man grabbed a needle from the table and made as if to put it through my heart.
Brianna quickly grabbed his wrist. “Doctor, that wouldn’t help. That has NHG in it and Hannah is highly allergic to it. Putting it through her heart would only make it worse.”
“It wasn’t in her file.”
“With all due respect sir, a lot of things don’t go into the files.”
The man slowly lowered the needle. “Then I’m sorry Ms. Aldra. I’m sorry you had to lose both George and Hannah in one week.”
Brianna pretended to just register the fact. “Both of them,” she whispered sinking down to the floor. “Dead. They were so young.”
And she broke down crying.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

coralminded said...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:22 am:
OWAIGHOEI WOAHHH!! loved this!! this is exactly the kind of story i wanted to read! but...its only 2 chapters? and the last comment was in september 2012...ummm...but its super good! and i want more! and it def reminds me of gallagher girl series which i adore!! please write more! 

HarryPotterLover30 said...
OOOOOH! WRITE. MORE. NOW.................................. PLEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSE??????????

shootingstar97 replied...
Sept. 20, 2012 at 10:19 pm :
Thank you so much! I worte this story about a year ago and I'm going through and editing it a bunch but I will try to put more on here as soon as I can! And again, thank you SO SO SO much for commenting! It means a bunch to me. :)

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Sept. 21, 2012 at 10:19 am :
You are very welcome. It actually reminds me a bit of the Gallager Girls series, really.......... so it got me completely hooked. I NEED M<ORE!!!!! :)