Captured

Author's note: I hope that people can understand that family is everything. It can help in life and death situations.
Author's note: I hope that people can understand that family is everything. It can help in life and death situations.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Reunion

CRASH! The windows broke open into little bits, caused by a huge rock. Emma woke up with a startle to the ADT alarm, and police sirens. Before Emma could call to her dad, a hand was clammed over her mouth.
“Listen to me young lady. He gave enough trouble, so you better be good.” Emma decided to stay still as he quickly tied Emma’s hands together.
“Good girl.” He whispered. He picked up Emma and ran out the windows, being careful not to step on the glass pieces. Out front, was a black mini-van and the man tossed Emma inside.
“Hold on!” He yelled as he drove with speed. Emma couldn’t really see in the dark, so she couldn’t make out the man’s face. She was scared out of her mind, asking herself questions in her mind. Who was he? Why did this man kidnap her? Would her dad find her? Then, she felt a lot of weight lying on her shoulder. She squinted, and made out a body.
“Ahhhh!” Emma screamed in terror.
“Don’t yell!” the man shouted over, as he concentrated driving the car.
“B-b-but, there’s a body!” The man chuckled as if Emma told her a jock. He opened the lights of the car. Next to Emma, sat a teenage boy in jeans, a tee, and a jacket. Over his mouth was a gag, and his hands and feet were tied. He had blood dripping from his arm, and was tied in a cloth.
“I-is he dead?” Emma asked.
“No.Not yet anyway.” The man responded.
“Who is he?” she asked with concern. The man just smiled, and said,
“Guess.” She looked at the boy. She opened his eyelid, revealing his crystal blue eyes like Emma’s, and blonde hair covering his forehead. I have blonde hair too, Emma thought, and his skin color was exactly like hers, fair. He looked about the same height as her, and about the same age. 14. She gasped.
“B-but, it can’t be! He’s…”
“Sitting right next to you.” Emma stared at the boy.
“Carter?”
Emma and Carter are twin siblings. Their parents, Diana, and Drake McKnight, are two detectives, who met when in the police academy. 10 years ago, they started fighting over an argument, and wanted a divorce. So, they went to court to decide who would get who. After hiding, screaming, and wasting money on lawyers, they finally came to an agreement. Their mom got Carter, and moved to Los Angela’s, and their dad got Emma, who moved to Arizona. They wanted to live as far away from each other. They had visiting times, but they always make excuses about going on ‘business trips.’ So they’ve never met each other in 10 years. But there parents agreed on one thing, to train their kids to make sure they grow up to be good detectives one day.
Emma just stared at Carter. He didn’t look like that 4 year old brat anymore. He looked like a real adult almost, and mature.
“How’d you find him? How’d you find us, me?” She croaked.
“I’ll tell you tomorrow. But first, let’s find a place to call home for now.” He said, closing the lights. Emma let Carter fall into her lap. They drove for what seemed like forever, until the man parked next to a tall building that maybe had 50 floors. The man got out of the car, looking every direction to see if they were being followed. He quickly opened the back door.
“Listen, you will not scream, you will not run, or else.” He gave Emma a little pep inside his jacket pocket. A gun.
“Or I’ll shoot him. You understand?” Emma nodded. She was the kind of girl who followed rules, and tried her best not to get killed. He untied Emma’s hands, and pulled out 3 bags from the trunk, and slid them onto one shoulder. He undid Carter’s gag, feet, and hands, or else someone would suspect something. He carried Carter, and directed Emma to go inside the building. The man walked over to a desk, and behind the desk was a man reading a newspaper.
“Hi Raul.” The man said to the doorman.
“Hello Amos.” He looked at the kids. “Who are they?”
“These are my niece, and nephew. He fell asleep in the car.” Amos lied.
“That’s nice. Have a great night.”
“You too.” All three of them got into the elevator, and Amos pressed the 41th button. He dragged the bags, and Emma to an apartment door, and opened it, shoving Emma inside.

Nimra Shaikh said...
Thank you so much!!! Your stories are as wonderful as well!!! :D So many wonderful writers in the world!!! :D

KateLA said...
I loved your story, it just needs a little more description of the character's surroundings, but other than that I really liked the story line, and the message about family you were trying to get across. 5/5!

M-star said...
Sept. 1, 2012 at 5:22 am:
This story is amazing!!:) I kept reading faster and faster with each chapter! I really do love stories that involve siblings!! And the characters of both Carter and Emma are so cool and sweet!

Nimra replied...
Sept. 1, 2012 at 5:11 pm :
Thanks so much it means so much

iheartrunningThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great. Cool plot. A few spelling errors though. It makes me want to read more, awesome job. 

Nimra replied...
Aug. 21, 2012 at 2:50 pm :
Thanks so much, it means alot!

Nimra said...
Colol and mysterious book