My Something | Teen Ink

My Something

December 7, 2014
By jcsand27 BRONZE, Hemet, California
jcsand27 BRONZE, Hemet, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Every person has a way of making it through their high school career. Whether it be through sports, or drama, or ASB, there is always something for everybody. For me,  its band and baseball. These two things have left a huge impact on my school career and had led me to be a good person all around. They help me stay out of trouble, get good grades, and be a good team player no matter what. If it wasn’t for band and baseball I don’t think I’d be the same person I am today.

 

For five days out of the week, I have baseball practice right after school until at least five o’clock. After I get home and eat and get undressed, I still have to practice my instrument for at least an hour plus any homework I have on top of that. I don’t have any time at all to mess around and get off track. Band and baseball help me to keep me out of trouble and on the right path to success, not to mention that if I did get in any trouble that I wouldn’t even be able to play baseball. My love for the game and my passion for music are too strong to do anything stupid and wreck it all.

 

Band and baseball help me get good grades too. In order to be eligible to play baseball, you are required to have at least a 2.0 GPA. So I have to get good grades to play. I also get good grades from band too. Since I have to read music and finger different notes, it is said that people in band tend to be smarter in math. 

 

Teamwork is also a very important quality in both band and baseball. Baseball is obviously a team sport which requires teamwork, but people always ask how band needs teamwork. Well in band, in case you didn’t know, everybody is playing different notes and different rhythms at different times. In order for a song to sound right, all of these things need to be put together, as a team. 

 

Not everybody likes baseball, and not everybody likes band but I do. To me its much more than just baseball and band . When I grow up and look back at my high school years, I will always have the fond memories of these two, and for that I am grateful. There is something for everybody to love, and me? Its band and baseball.