Brengosz at her Best | Teen Ink

Brengosz at her Best

May 20, 2013
By Bmattson23 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Bmattson23 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Arrowhead Girls Softball has a record of 6-3. Carly Brengosz, a senior at Arrowhead High School, is one of the stars on this Arrowhead team. She was named Third Team All-State last year and is hoping for better things to come. She plays in left field.

Some of the other stars on the Arrowhead Girls Softball team are Kara Olsen, who plays shortstop and Maddie Goodwill, also a senior who plays first base.

Emily Martin is the head softball coach at Arrowhead, who also teaches Physical Education 11&12, Physical Education 9 Individual and Team, and Girls Health. The assistant for the team is Jim Albers, who teaches Environmental Biology.

Mackenzie Paszek is a sophomore and she is the designated hitter so she just hits and doesn’t play in the field.

Muskego and Mukwango are their biggest rivals in Conference.

“Our goal is to win conference but we will see how everything plays out this year. If everyone comes together and works as a team I think we will have a shot at winning it then,” says Carly Brengosz.

There have been many outstanding softball girls to go through Arrowhead, but I think the best of them all would be someone currently on the Arrowhead Softball team right now, Carly Brengosz.

She has broken nearly every offensive record at Arrowhead. Last year she had a .481 batting average and wants to improve that.

Brengosz was named All-District for the second time last year. She has also started all three years on varsity in left field.

Brengosz gets better and better every year. This year she is expecting more things to come. They are half through the season and she has many more weapons up her sleeve.


The author's comments:
This is a feature article.