Third period surge not enough | Teen Ink

Third period surge not enough

October 26, 2011
By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
20 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
javascript:ShowFavTab(1)


The Bruins having another home game, this would be there third in a row. Losing Tuesday but winning Thursday the Bruins look to come out on top against the San Jose Sharks who came into town Saturday.Tim Thomas would get the start, but the Sharks would be getting the real early start. Joe Pavelski of the Sharks just a minute in got the puck past Thomas for a quick lead the Bruins needed to bounce back. The Bruins would get a power play chance a minute after the Sharks first goal but the chance could not be turned into a goal. The Bruins then give a power play to the Sharks who do not score but did on one of there ten shots, the Bruins not scoring on any of there fourteen. The second period provided another early power play for the Boston Bruins and once again they couldn't connect. Nine minutes in though on even strength ice the Sharks extend there lead on a goal by Logan Couture to give the sophomore his first of the season. Now 2-0 Sharks, minutes later Thornton fights Vandermeer that hypes up the Bruins and the Garden. Shots were in the Sharks favor this period out shooting the Bruins 11-9, and there would be no more action after two the Sharks lead 2-0. Coming into the third the Bruins knew they had to score and get something started. They would do so though, 2:43 in Lucic gets the Bruins first and makes it 2-1. 39 seconds later Lucic feeds Seguin on a great turnover to tie the game. Boston pushed coming into the third like they needed to, and now the game was tied. Five and a half minutes later though the sharks would take a lead they wouldn't lose with a goal by Ferriero then with five seconds left on the empty net Marleau makes it 4-2 which would be the final score. The Bruins out shot the Sharks 39-30 but could not keep the game tied nor score anymore in the third period. The next game is Thursday a big home game versus Montreal at 7 o clock the playoff rematch and rivalry will continue.