The NFL Lockout

In 2011 there will most likely be a lockout in the NFL. This means that there will be no football for 2011-2012 season because the NFLPA and the NFL’s owners cannot agree on a contract between each other.
This affects the players because they will not be paid that year.
“The owners absolutely don’t want a lockout,” said Rodger Goodell The negations are ongoing, and although the NFLPA and the owners cannot agree on a deal, neither of them want it. Goodell said the owners want to share more financial data with the players, which Smith said is a must-have in the negotiations process. "There is a willingness to be able to make sure that they see the dollars that are necessary for them to recognize the cost we are asking them to recognize," Goodell said.

On June 3rd 2009, DeMaurice Smith, the head of the NFLPA, was fighting with the NFL owners, and if no agreement is made by March 2010 the upcoming NFL season would be played without a salary cap. This possibility scares both sides a lot for different reasons. This would make each side want to make the deal happen more. If the two sides reach a deal stopping the 2011 lockout; this would stop the no capped 2010. Both sides hope this thing will get settled. The chances of a lockout in 2011 are very high but the fact that there will be no salary cap in the 2010 season scares both the owners and the players. (NFLFanhouse). And even if the lockout seems like a long season away the uncapped season is the next one and if the deal does not get done …No football in 2011.

Jordan23 said...
Sep. 12 at 2:05 pm
i agree with what your saying but why did they have to have the lock out?

Jackson26Dee said...
Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:14 am
I guess that to receive the loans from creditors you ought to have a good reason. But, once I've got a auto loan, just because I was willing to buy a house.

Temir said...
I agre wit dem

bradysmith said...
really good information but none of this matters anymore cause they just finished the suppose to be lock out season with the superbowl

Beast1234 said...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 11:23 am
I don't know where you get your information but there will be an NFL season next year.

yeamehey replied...
Yea, ikr.. i thought they were just gonna do a bit less games...?

Super M. said...
Mar. 13, 2011 at 12:20 am
This is my article. I wish i was lying, no NFL next year this aint good

really a yankee fan replied...

I must get this off my chest.  How is it that a union can be a union when it suits the union and then decertify and hide behind a judges robes when the members don't get what they want through true collective barganing?

It is appaling to me that the labor centric NLRB supports this kind of gerrymandering of the management/labor relationship to always, always support the unions.  I know why, nobody would have a job at the NLRB if there were no unions.  OK, that's fine.&nb... (more »)

SteelerFanatic said...

I really hope this does not happen..No one at my school has been talking about it, but my friend Rachel and i are worried about this...

Football Rocks!

Writer4Life_21 said...
Jan. 28, 2011 at 8:19 am
if football was taken away from america.. .even for a year, it would america wouldn't know what to do with itself

Coltsfan1027 said...
i think its unfair cuz we need football because there is no other sport besides hockey and besides football is the BEST sport ever who would want to stop football that is just messed up

Coltsfan1027 said...
i think that is not fair cuz people have nothing else to do on sundays besides going to church or waching football besides i need to watch the Indianapolas COLTS

MichaelJackson331 said...
This is crazy!! Football should be played every year! Even tho Im a girl my dad and I still need to hav something to watch in the winter!!!!

bobmarley917 said...
I hope they don't stop football for next year that would upset a lot of people.

1fitzy17 said...

mite not even happen dont worry yet

BTW READ, RATE, COMMENT ON MY ARTICLES PLEASE!!!! SPREAD THE WORD AND I'LL DO MORE!!!!!!! if u like it

swimster23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Why would they do that??? Both sides of the argument would lose tons of money and it would just not be good for anyone.  So what did they decide??????

Super M. replied...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 7:24 am
Well im sure u posted this a while ago and now im sure you know what they are trying to decide, I wrote this article in september of 2009 and 1.5 years later im right and the NFL is at risk of not being played FUCK THERE BETTER BE NFL

AP28 said...

IM Wit u Sky

sky23 said...
I love football