The NFL Lockout | Teen Ink

The NFL Lockout

By Super man SILVER, Noodle, Wisconsin
Super man SILVER, Noodle, Wisconsin

In 2011 there will most likely be a lockout in the NFL. This means that there will be no football for 2011-2012 season because the NFLPA and the NFL’s owners cannot agree on a contract between each other.
This affects the players because they will not be paid that year.
“The owners absolutely don’t want a lockout,” said Rodger Goodell The negations are ongoing, and although the NFLPA and the owners cannot agree on a deal, neither of them want it. Goodell said the owners want to share more financial data with the players, which Smith said is a must-have in the negotiations process. "There is a willingness to be able to make sure that they see the dollars that are necessary for them to recognize the cost we are asking them to recognize," Goodell said.

On June 3rd 2009, DeMaurice Smith, the head of the NFLPA, was fighting with the NFL owners, and if no agreement is made by March 2010 the upcoming NFL season would be played without a salary cap. This possibility scares both sides a lot for different reasons. This would make each side want to make the deal happen more. If the two sides reach a deal stopping the 2011 lockout; this would stop the no capped 2010. Both sides hope this thing will get settled. The chances of a lockout in 2011 are very high but the fact that there will be no salary cap in the 2010 season scares both the owners and the players. (NFLFanhouse). And even if the lockout seems like a long season away the uncapped season is the next one and if the deal does not get done …No football in 2011.

sky23 said...
I love football

Monkey said...
on May. 18 2010 at 11:57 am
i have to say yes to football pro it is cool to have sum 1 thats with u

F00tb@!! PR0 said...
on May. 18 2010 at 11:55 am
Football cant be taken away because its the best sport ever and its just not posible to take away football!

Monkey said...
on May. 18 2010 at 11:52 am
no one can take football  it is not possbel to do that

on Mar. 25 2010 at 7:54 am
Super man SILVER, Noodle, Wisconsin
YoD@Wg wAdDuP fOoTBall bE da BEst yo

YuH dUdE i fEll u tEre aiN't No lOcK oUt u wRonG hAteA (swoo hoow) !!!!!!!!!!!!!