football | Teen Ink

football

T- Rules of football.
A- All ages.
P- Need to know facts.

There are many rules in the game of football. I am going to start from the beginning about what to do in the game of football. One thing not to do is foul another player. This includes holding, false start, offsides, illegal motion, unnecessary roughness, roughing the quarterback, roughing the kicker, safety, face mask and many others. Holding is when a offensive line man or cornerback or whoever holds on to the apponent as they are trying to run their route. this is a 5 yard loss for the team. A false start is moving before the ball is hicked unless the person is in motion. This is also a 5 yard loos for the team. Offsides is when a player goes across the line of scrimage before th eball is hicked. This is a 5 yard loss. A face mask is something that you really dont want to do and get caught. This occurs when a player grabs another players face mask and pulls to the point that the head turns. This is a 15 yard loss.

Next is a first down. A first down is when a offensive player gets 10 yards and beyond of the line of scrimage. This is something that always wants to be done when a play is ran on the offense. Offensive people always have the ball. A persons job on offense is to get the ball in the inzone. Defensive Players never have the ball. Their job is to keep the offense from scoreing in their inzone.

Their are speacial teams also. This includes kickoff, kickoff return, punt, punt return, and the extra point team. Kickoffs can occur at the beginning of the game, after a extra point has been made or a touchdown has been made. This is when a team gathers 11 of their fastest, strongest, most skilled deffensive players and line them up on the 40 yard line

sjsjs said...
on Oct. 30 2009 at 10:23 am
there is delay of game and defence pass inerference and offence pass inerferince

jt sally said...
u dont have enough info about the game rules.