Once in a Lifetime Love | Teen Ink

Once in a Lifetime Love

Taylor, my sister, my angle, I fall in love with you more and more everyday and I wish I could put into words the way you make me feel. I wish I could find a way to say that you are my everything, my whole world. Sometimes I feel really empty, really broken, alone, but when I look at you I can physically feel my heart whole. How did I get so blessed to have you in my life? Nothing I could ever do would be enough to deserve you. You are my definition of perfection and I love you endlessly. When things are the hardest and at the worst, a single look at you and it’s all okay. One look in your eyes and I never want to leave you. From the day you were born I knew God had sent you to save me from every and any hardship in life. He provided me the most precious thing the world has seen. I look at you as you sleep tonight, and I wonder how you got so big so fast. When did you start using words like progress and inspire? It was literally yesterday and you couldn’t walk or talk but now we’ve been through it all in what feels like a short 24hrs. You are an angle, my angle. Your arms are the safest most gentle, loving place in the world and that is where I belong and I want mine to be that to you too. I look at you smooth skin and crazy hair. I watch how you breath wonder how I ever lived without you. Yes, I love basketball and softball and my school. Yes, I spend a lot of time with friends and out and away. But not one of those things can hug me when I cry and make me feel like suddenly the weight of the world is gone. Not one of those things I will ever be able to love the way I love you. The love I have for you is indescribable and as I sit here attempting to describe it, the more I realize that. Imagine that your whole life you wait for something perfect, like waiting for heaven. Then suddenly all of it and more is lying in front of you asking for a kiss goodnight. Taylor, you’re so much more than a sister, you are my whole world, my pride and joy, my happiness, my favorite person on my worst and best days, and I love you. Always and forever I love you, and a love this strong will never weaken, or be broken or forgotten, because a love like this is a once in a life time love.