Sacramento, My Home | Teen Ink

Sacramento, My Home

By Prince_E BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Prince_E BRONZE, Sacramento, California

I live in a lovely two story house with a white picket fence. In an outstanding neighborhood with spotless sidewalks and clear skies above. The characters you meet here are absolutely splendid. There is even a well decorated housewarming gift basket  for each new resident. As you walk out the house the scent of rosemary fills your nostrils. The  schools are so pristine with fabulous professors. Truly Sacramento is the most amazing place to live.

Alright let's get real for a sec, honey. Sacramento is somewhat a pain in the butt. I live in an apartment complex with a black metal gate around the entire property. . The only scent I smell is car exhaust coming from the parking lot. For the most part the sky is clear when it choose to be. Also sorry to say but there aren't any gift baskets. The school don't have professors. I'm not saying the teacher are bad but no professors.

Sac has problems just like any other city. We deal with things like gangs, poverty, and an uninvolved community. It's not that we don't want to help ,but its like  we don't know how. We see these things everyday. Either we turn away in disbelief or we say  that it'll get better eventually.