Daisy | Teen Ink

Daisy

By ColeGaniere BRONZE, Macon, Illinois
ColeGaniere BRONZE, Macon, Illinois

When my dog died it was so sudden. The week before she was fine and now she’s gone. She had eaten part of the carpet and gotten sick from it. When she passed it was instant. My mom was carrying her to the table for medicine and when she laid her on the table she was gone. Nobody was expecting her to go so fast.

Soon after, i began to get angry because i just wasn’t ready to let her go. She was way to young to go right now. She had so many happy years yet to come. What made me angriest the most was how much pain she was in. she just didn’t have to pass in so much pain.

I started to get depressed about a week after her passing . i just didn’t want her to go and couldn’t get over the fact that shes gone. I could tell she wasn’t ready to go either. We had so many memories yet to come
Even though i knew she was too young to go, i knew she was out of pain now. I know she’s in a better place now too. That makes me feel kind of better. Sure i wanted her to stay, but all that matters is she’s out of pain.

Now all we do is joke about all the good times we had together. She used to always “talk” to my dad. She would bark at him then he’d bark back, and they’d go on forever. We also talk about how she used to fight a ton of dogs, even though they were sometimes twice her size.

In conclusion, i really miss my dog and hope to see her again one day. I know she’s in a good place and playing with other dogs in heaven.

This is a story about when and how my dog, Daisy, died.