Wedding Bells | Teen Ink

Wedding Bells

By Claire1723 BRONZE, Macon, Illinois
Claire1723 BRONZE, Macon, Illinois

Even though tears were streaming down my face I had waited for this day for years.  We had planned this day for awhile and I couldn't be happier with how the day had been going.  There were a few bumpy parts but overall the day turned out perfect. 

My dad had been dating Sam for seven years, so it didn't really come as a surprise when my dad told me that he was going to propose to her.  I have always loved Sam and looked up to her as I was growing up.  When my dad told me he was going to propose to her I was really happy, because I have always loved Sam.

Sam and I were already planning the wedding almost a two years before the actual date of the wedding.  It didn't take a long time to plan but we had a lot of fun picking out all of the things we needed to get for it.  Sam and I always plan our vacations together so it was super fun to plan the wedding.

The best part about the wedding was the family that could make it there.  My cousins from California that we hadn't seen for a few years were able to make it, and then one of Sam’s cousins came because he was asked to be in the wedding.  We were all in Florida for a few days before the wedding so we would all hang out at the beach and go out to dinner. These dinners made some great stories.  We definitely made a lot of great memories on this trip.

I told myself that morning that I wouldn't cry, but apparently, I'm just a huge liar.  The first thing I cried about that day was the card that Sam gave me in my wedding gift, she wrote a note that I couldn't help but cry over.  I was with Sam all morning getting ready and while yes she was pretty it wasn't anything I felt like I needed to cry about.  The second time I cried was walking down the aisle because I stepped on a sand spur and it really hurt, but I quickly got over that.  When Sam started walking down the aisle I glanced over at my dad and he was trying not to cry and that's when I lost it.  I started sobbing and cried the whole wedding and I couldn't do anything to stop it.  After the wedding, everyone came up to me and asked if I was okay and told me that it was really sweet that I was happy about the wedding.  While we were talking about the wedding Sam’s cousin Josh said that I was the reason that he cried because when they were making bets no one thought I was going to cry.  In the end, I was crying most of that day but they were all happy tears.