My Reality | Teen Ink

My Reality

January 10, 2018
By Anonymous

I had hopes, I had dreams. Sometimes, when you’re dreaming, reality gets in the way. Then there are no more dreams, but nightmares come instead. In reality you see not everything is possible. You can’t always do it, you don’t always win, some discover you hardly ever win. Things keep you from happiness and comfort. Living in reality is hard. Dreaming and finding out it won’t come true is harder. Hoping for something impossible is nearly impossible itself. Finding out you won’t see your mom anymore is… way more than hard. Life is hard. I’ve learned that sometimes it’s best to look the other way. Sometimes it’s best to ignore the bad in your life.

 


Other times you can't. You can’t run, you can’t hide, you can’t turn the other way. You have to acknowledge what's happening in your life and prepare yourself. Get ready for the next heartbreaking news. Always be prepared for the worst. Don't let people get to you, although it’s hard. Brace yourself for the next punch, the next push, the next thing that’s going to hurt you. Either way you’re going to get hurt. You can cry and complain and get hurt even worse or you can stand strong and cry when it’s over, when you’re alone. Tough it out and you’ll be rewarded in the end. If you don’t it’ll hurt that much worse. The choice is yours. And I’ve almost always made the right choice. Now I’ve learned.