My English Is Not Good | Teen Ink

My English Is Not Good

By School1235 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
School1235 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

One thing about my identity is that my english is not good

One thing about my identity is that my english wasn't good at all when I started middle school. I came to united states when I was about 11 or 12 years old. So I had to start like a kindergarten kid to learn the language. Starting to learn basic words like numbers, alphabet, colors etc . It was hard because I had to write essays and do the work others were doing on my classes  even If  I didn't know a word. And the first time I got my semester quarter report 6 grade my grades were low. For me this was stressing because I used to be the in first place with my grades at my old school. That's when I thought I could never learn the language or get good grades. When I show the reports to my parents they told me it is okay that is when I feel I did have support from families and friends. And that day I started to study really hard during summer so when I got to 7th grade I could know the basics.That appear to work my grades increased to C’s and later to B’s. I thought then okay I’m happy but I can get A’s . I thought if I studied double and worked harder I could have straight A’s and B’s. I was some times tired but I didn't give up. For eighth grade I moved schools to where I felt that teachers helped me more with the things I didn't understand and also I felt like I could trust most of them so that felt good. For Eight and nine grade I had A’s and two or 3  B’s or so. For eighth grade celebration at school  I got like 5 awards I got the most awards out of everyone in the  entire school. That felt good. For nine grade I got 1 for being the students of the year and most integrity. For tenth grade I have the highest GPA of my grade. So with all of this I feel like knowing english or any language is not the key for successful it's hard work and perseverance that makes a people having a better future.