Star Raves | Teen Ink

Star Raves

November 10, 2017
By lucystrother BRONZE, South Riding, Virginia
lucystrother BRONZE, South Riding, Virginia
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I lazily opened my eyes to the sound of a revving engine and the blare of a red light peeking through my eyelids. It had been multiple hours since we had escaped the bustling environment of cheering college kids wearing bandeaus as shirts, and cornholing until their wrists went limp. I peered through the car window and gazed at snowy peaks and deep valleys that ran along the horizon. All of a sudden, a bright figure struck my eye, making me rub away the blurriness that it had caused. I looked up and saw stars dancing through the sky. Once in awhile, I see the bright pentagons dancing in duets. However, a rave was happening that night. A rave that lit up the sky. A silent rave. But one loud enough for me to notice those stars, dancing together, lighting up the darkness in which they were constrained to. I saw planets, constellations, performing in the sky, as the little stars danced around them. They were the light in the darkness. The smaller suns of our universe. The never-ending dancers who knew how to put on a show.