The Accident | Teen Ink

The Accident

I believe no matter the circumstances, you should always be kind to your friends, family, and people around you. Not just because of the fact that you should treat people the way you want to be treated, but also because you never know what could happen to a person any day. What if something happened to your best friend or your mother and the last time you talked to them, you were fighting? You cannot take things for granted. You should always be kind to the people around you, even the ones who you might not talk to a lot or are not friends with.

There was a girl, around my age, who attended Woonsocket High School, and recently got into a car accident and passed away. The last thing she posted was of her driving in the car, about 15 minutes before the accident occurred. No one expected that to happen and this young girl’s life had been taken away from her too soon. Not only did it highly affect her family and friends, but also the people that barely knew her. No matter whether they talked to her or not, those students will no longer see her sitting in class and walking down the halls.

When I was younger, on a winter night, my dad got into an almost fatal accident and he had to spend some time in the hospital. His car got totaled because it was completely destroyed. He got hurt pretty bad and my mom was really worried because of how young I was. After spending some time in the hospital, he got out and was okay. It was still hard for my mom though, since she had to take care of me when I was so young and then my dad needed help since he still had some things wrong with him at the time.

After thinking back on what happened and realizing how fast something could happen to someone, it makes me realize that you really do need to be kind to everyone around you. Even if I get into a fight with my mom or dad, I still make sure I apologize afterwards and we eventually get over it because they love me and I will always love them. If I get into a fight with my friends, I still try to make up and say I’m sorry because I do not want to lose them or the friendship that I have with them.

In conclusion, I believe that it is a good thing to go through life as a kind person, giving off good vibes and being nice to all the people around you because you never know what’s going on in a person’s life and any day, something bad could happen to someone. 

After my father got into an almost fatal accident, I realized how important life really is and how you always need to be kind to the people around you.