Middle School Bans Fiction Books | Teen Ink

Middle School Bans Fiction Books

September 15, 2017
By JJOrys BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
JJOrys BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Middle School classes are not allowed to read fiction books in Language Arts classes and have to read only Non-Fiction books. The school board decided on this in a meeting. The books will be taken away from libraries and classroom libraries all the fiction books will be out be the end of the week.The fiction books will be kept in storage for future use.

“Language Arts teachers are not very happy about this because kids should be able to pick out which books they want to read”. They should not have to worry if it's a fiction or nonfiction book.”The action that has been taken may disrupt teachers plans for the year and could leave them in a scramble to get back on track”.

Most kids in school will prefer fiction over nonfiction because anything can happen in Fiction and Nonfiction has already happened and there won’t be things like Dragons or being able to fly in Non-fiction. Kids like to dream about things that's is exactly what fiction is. If fiction got taken away your imagination would be to and how would anything get invented if you did not have an imagination. Most people would agree that kids should be allowed to read fiction books.