My Summer | Teen Ink

My Summer

By Briannafoster03 BRONZE, Paragould , Arkansas
Briannafoster03 BRONZE, Paragould , Arkansas

Summer is all about fun and no learning. Summer is also for relaxation, spending time with your friends, and go on exciting, spectacular vacations. Last summer I went to Myrtle Beach. This summer I went to the Community Center everyday with my best friend. We tried to make the best of everyday and tried to have all the fun we could because doesn’t last forever. I wish it did, but it doesn’t. Jill and I wouldn’t hesitate to go back.

Some people go to the beach and go on vacations, but instead I went to the Community Center with Jill. Most people wonder what I do up there every day. I play basketball, hangout with my friends, and to have something to do besides sit at home all day. Jill and I became friends with so many new people because what’s better than meeting new people? A couple scary or you could say, bad things happened to me over the summer. I got my lip busted open and stayed in the hospital all night because I got my appendix token out at 11:00 p.m. I wasn’t going to let all that ruin my summer. Last summer I did go to Myrtle Beach and watched my sister play softball and swam in the beach and in my hotel. I had a great time, but I hate to say it, staying in Paragould with my best friend was a summer I won’t forget.

This summer, I did realize that staying and being with your best friend is a lot better than being without her somewhere. Being with my family was a load of fun too, but I like to stay in Paragould with the people I know. This summer is so far, my favorite. I mean what’s better than being with someone who is basically the same person? Jill and I wouldn’t hesitate to go back.