Not a Love Story

Summer changes everything, weather it's for the better or for the worse. For me I had an in between. It started before summer. It was real. I loved you and you loved me. You were all I ever thought of, all I ever wanted. You were my everything. I knew it was wrong, that you shouldn't be my everything, but you were, and although I knew it wasn't gonna work. I kept going. We stayed together for quite awhile, longer than most grade 8 relationships. We talked for hours about everything, and the subject of hanging out together outside of school kept coming up, but no matter how many times it was mentioned it still didn't happen. Deep down I knew the truth, if we weren't gonna see each other this wouldn't work out. Yet being who I am, I kept delaying it and delaying it until the feelings started fading. I kept on to the phrases "I love you", "I miss you", and "I won't leave you" and started to forget just what being in love actually was. Although my feelings for you were still so strong, when you ended it I was partially relieved. I've become so used to the ending that I stopped trying to find a reason, and became numb. Numb to all the feelings a heartbreak should bring. So after all I guess this wasn't a summer love story or anything like a fairytale. I'm not mad, I could never be mad, because you helped me learn what it feels like to love and to be loved back