April Weather

April weather, it’s just something about April. March is too cold, and May gets too warm. April weather is perfect. The rain. The way it bounces of the tin roof. The noise. How hard it falls from the sky. The wind. The damp wind, the way it softly hits your face and then slowly rolls of your cheek. The type of wind that gives you a chill up your spine, like when he touches you, but then you start concentrating on something else and it fades away. Kind of like everything else I guess. The way the summer frogs begin to sing, but without the heat of day. The birds are back, and chirping. The worms come out and say hello to the world when it rains. The sun stays out longer. The long beautiful sunsets. The pink. The blue. The orange. Actually everyone of those colors should be plural. It’s not just one shade of pink or orange or blue. There’s multiple of each and they blend, swirl together. The way it goes from sunshine to pouring rain. Kind of like the human heart. Completely together and shattered the next. Have you ever looked directly above you and the clouds look like they’re moving fast and gallantly; but then you look distance and they look like they’re cowardly swaying. Pusillanimous. Scared to pick up the pace. Scared to make the next move. Once again, I guess kind of like humans. There’s days where it's beautiful and bright and there's days where it's dark, more secret, mysterious, hidden, clandestine. The clouds they’re either flat, curvy, or fat. Flat; smooth and even, without marked lumps or indentations. Curvy; multiple curves, hourglass. Fat; having a large amount of excess flesh. There’s a big difference between each one. But they’re all just classified as clouds. So us humans. Why are we labeled as flat, curvy, or fat when in the end we’re all just going to be classified as people. I guess it’s just something to think about, April weather.

SpeakerofWolvesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 10 at 10:05 pm
@Marahlevick This is so beautiful! Your usage of imagery is excellent and I believe you can go beyond that if you could maybe have some of the feeling of how you felt about nature. Maybe to mention about the noise like the wind, dogs, birds etc. But overall, awesome job! Keep up the great work! :)

MarahlevickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 12 at 7:46 am
Thank you so much!