What's Next? | Teen Ink

What's Next?

By SupahAce15 PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia
SupahAce15 PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future"- Oscar Wilde

So another year of high school down the drain, which means the most important years are coming up: junior year, the most stressful year and senior year, the hardest year of all. Now with 2 years left of high school and junior year right around the corner, the question that my friends and I have been avoiding since freshman year finally comes to light: What's Next?

Unfournately, the answer isn't as cut and dry as some people believe. And I'm not talking about "what's next" in terms of college, career, or travel even though they are key components. Because life requires us to really look at ourselves, a simple "I don't know" won't suffice. Now is the time when we have to ask ourselves who are we? What is the next chapter of our life?

It's so weird that a simple question requires a thought provoking answer, especially since I still don't have an answer. The only thing I know for sure is that even though I'm terrified about what happens next, I'm ready. I'm ready to take to take the next step and to figure out what's next for me. Even if life knocks me out, it's time for me to make experiences. It's time for me to take on life, so that one day I'll have an answer. I know it's not going to be easy and I'm going to fall on my face a lot, but I know it's going to be worth it.