Be a Choice, Not an Option

One day or another you will fall in love, and as any form of falling it will hurt. You will shed tears, swim in pain, and swallow your regrets. You will underestimate yourself, accept less than what you deserve and be satisfied with it. You will forget about your pride, your ego, your sense of right and wrong. You will forget who you are and will to be anyone else just to please whom your heart has fallen for.

In such circumstances you will decrease your value; you will lower down your standards and lose your dignity. You will no longer be worth fighting for, you will be taken for granted and pushed to the edge. You will find with no surprise that all what you get back from love is pain, hurt, deception, and disappointed. After all who would fall for someone who doesn’t love themselves?  No one will choose you especially not the one you have sacrificed so much for, because they won’t have to do any effort to get you or keep you. They’ll find you where they’ve left you. They won’t choose to be with you, they don’t have to make that choice because you’re already there. All they’ll do is come when they have no one around, to fill some empty space with you while looking for a better person than you. You will be a back up, an option but not a choice.