No More | Teen Ink

No More

Bullying is a big problem in today’s society that everyone has gone through or seen. We see it everywhere, at school, online and sometimes when we are just  out and about somewhere. It’s hard to get away from it all. But why does it have to be this way, why does it have to be so hard to get away from it?

In an article on dosomething there's an article called 11 facts about bullying it says that. “ Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.”

Also states “Approximately 160,000 teens skip school everyday because of bullying.” I don’t think we realize how much bullying happens and how bad it actually is.

According to stopbullying, “kids who are bullied are more likely experience Depression and anxiety.”  It also states that, “Kids who are bullied are more likely to experience: Depression and anxiety, increased feelings of sadness and loneliness, changes in sleep and eating patterns, and loss of interest in activities they used to enjoy. These issues may persist into adulthood.” With all these factors of bullying, we need to see the problems and we need to stop it.

You can stop bullying wherever you go. Girlshealth gives you tips on how to stop bullying. “Stand up for people who are bullied. Bullies often want an audience and approval, let them know that you don’t think being mean is ok.” “Take action.” Even if all you do is report who is doing it. Or befriending the victims you see can make an impact

Bullying is a big problem. But if we all choose to not be apart of it and stop it when we can we can turn the statistics from 3.2 million students being bullied to 0. Bullying has more of impact on people then we believe it does. They consequences is not worth the teasing or fitting in with people lets stop bullying till there's no more.

Well  i know a lot about bullying from seeing it around school and experienceing it and i wanted to show my best how big of a problem it is.