Blond Eyelashes. | Teen Ink

Blond Eyelashes.

January 9, 2017
By Morgan1124 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Morgan1124 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One, two, three, four. Four blonde people, all with blond boring eyelashes. Invisible to most. Embarrassed eyelashes on one two three and four.

One. My dad. Eyelashes stick straight like a board. Together they act like a fence. They are almost never seen unless the sunlight shines just right. These eyelashes are the oldest, and they have become experts at being boring blond. No matter what, they are still happy  

Two. My mom. Thin short eyelashes coated with a thin brown layer of mascara. Almost as if she had dyed her blonde boring ones. The thinest eyelashes of them all, so short and unpronounced. As if they are growing tired of being invisible with little strength left to hold on. Every day they get coated with the brown goo during her morning routine.   

Three. My sister. Eyelashes thick and black, like little spider legs. Their legs stretching upwards to full length. They come together like a great wave protecting her eyes. These eyelashes are powerful and strong. They demand attention when hidden behind the black gooey mascara. 

Four. Me. Nothing on them to cover the embarrassing boring blonde color. They hide. Eyelashes rarely covered with black goo. But when covered, they are happy. They all have a perfect layer of black to cover the boring blond. Happy now, they curl perfectly up and out. 

One, two, three, four.  Four blonde people, all with blond eyelashes. A hidden struggle one, two, three and four face on a day to day basis.