Blue Eyes | Teen Ink

Blue Eyes

January 9, 2017
By 16maddie PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
16maddie PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
21 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My family and I all have similar eyes. My father’s eyes dull grey, like gloomy clouds on the verge of rain. Yet, I have never seen a single rain droplet stream from his eyes. My mother’s eyes almost identical to my father’s. A deep blue ring surrounds the dull grey. Her eyes are so sharp, intimidating at a glance. My eyes are deep blue, like the depths in the Ocean. And when I cry, they are ever so vibrant. Even my cat, blue eyes like mine. His eyes show off their beauty to anyone that visits. They’re the first thing noticed, always complimented.


But my sister’s eyes, my sister’s eyes, are much different than ours. Like a kaleidoscope, her eyes possess so many colors: bold brown, gleaming green,  brave blue. Her eyes are the earth. Her eyes stand out, like to be noticed, like to be different than the rest. Her eyes are outgoing, social.


My family and I all have similar eyes. Although Courtney’s eyes are so much more unique than ours, a glimmer of blue still shines through. My family’s eyes known for being brilliant, breathtaking, beautiful, and blue.