Teeth | Teen Ink

Teeth

By MLM821 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
MLM821 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin

Everybody in my family has distinctive teeth. My dad’s teeth are like veterans, they have fought cavities, and have many fillings, but they are all still fighting food, and are kept cleaner than ever. They are able to defeat and obliterate each food presented to them no matter the temperature or state of matter it is in. My mom’s teeth are like the declaration of independence, they are yellowing around the edges, but are beautiful. Her love of coffee has tinted her teeth, but that does not stop her from flaunting her stunning smile. My sister’s teeth are quartz. Beautifully carved into a superb show except for one tooth. One unique tooth on the bottom in the middle that broke stereotypes and pushed itself above the rest.

My teeth are warriors they are constantly in a battle with my retainers. I endured years of braces and expanders only to end up with a constant war. In my earlier years my adult teeth excitedly erupted from my gums causing me to look like a bunny. Now after all of my braces and retainers, I must wear my retainers every night or face the wrath of my shifting teeth. I would give anything to make my teeth freeze and remain in place as statues, and so I will forever be jealous of my mother’s tinted, my sister’s quartz, and my father's veteran teeth.