Careful Who You Choose | Teen Ink

Careful Who You Choose

By Jessy.rm SILVER, Sacramento, California
Jessy.rm SILVER, Sacramento, California

"Live life as there no tomorrow.. "

A new home , a new life. I was about five years old when I moved to a small place called Plumas Lake. I didn’t really have a choice I thought of it like a new home met new school , new school equaled new friends and a fresh start. Rio Del Oro was one of the elementrys I went to and was my very worst time because I picked a friend who at the time made my life like hell.

Everything started out good besides not being hanging out with anyone . New kid what can I say. That was until a girl named Jasmine asked me to hang out with her.

“Who’s she?” Jakelin asked strongly.

“Hi, I’m Jessenia” I whispered with a weak voice .

“By how she looked I thought she was one of those short mean girls with a pretty face always getting what she wants, always gets away with trouble. Don’t know why I didn’t think twice before becoming her friend.”

“She’s going to be playing with us” Jasmine came to back me up.

We played the most known games that every little kid plays which was ‘Tag’. We were all screaming and laughing well that moment ended until Jakeling shoved me. I was left me there with my knees bleeding. Sadly my mom never noticed.

All our parents ended up becoming like best friends which really scared me. The visit each other everyday, went everywhere together so we had to see each other every time.

Life back then has been like hell for me when I was younger. Everytime she came to visit she always got trouble. I never understood why she never liked me I was never doing nothing bad. She always told me to just leave that no one likes me or ever will. I was practically small and fragile then, I’d cry about practically everything and things ended up going different for Jacklin her ‘best friend’ ended up becoming my best friend. 

I ended up learning many thing from that day because people would taking advantage of me because I wouldn’t defend myself but it wasn't going to work for me anymore. I had to learn that I’m going to defend myself because I know my family isn’t going to be there for all the time. Many people can change throughout time it’s just there choice and honestly I hope Jakelin ended up realizing what she did that day and was able to change as well.             

Fake friends or the idea of me moving past that and actually thinking who i can trust but most of all how people misjudge me.