If I Had To Do It Over Again | Teen Ink

If I Had To Do It Over Again

December 2, 2016
By QueenK BRONZE, Lenexa, Kansas
QueenK BRONZE, Lenexa, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

If I had to do it over again, I would not stop to talk to him because he was cute. If I knew the monster that he was I would have looked away and kept walking. But I didn,t... I stopped, got his number and talked to him. We talked back and forth daily and turned a friendship into a relationship. It started out great, we were happy then one argument turned into multiple. The arguments escalated into emotional abuse, then mental abuse. They progressively got worse until one day he raised his hand up at me and turned our situation into a physically abussive relationship. It was terrible, the nice, young, handsome young man I once knew had turned into the worst person in the blink of an eye. Not once during our whole relationship did I think he could turn like that, that quick. I regret every minute I spent with him and not with my family. I called him my boyfriend, my world, my ride or die, my everything, until that day.. That day I was beyond terrified, I didn't know what he was going to do next. Now, I have nightmares and flashbacks constantly. Because of this monster I can't trust anyone after one person ruined it for everybody. I start getting close to someone and I push them away because I get scared. I regret everything between us. Our relationship destroyed and tore apart my family. What if I didn't meet him? What if he didn't raise his hand up? What would my life be llike today? These questions are questions I ask myself daily. These questions don't just pop in my head once, they pop up multiple times throughout the day. It is sad at such a young age I, myself had to go through this pain to ruin my future. Ladies realize warning signs before it is too late.