Childhood Reminiscence | Teen Ink

Childhood Reminiscence

October 30, 2016
By mistryanjali1 SILVER, Nyc, New York
mistryanjali1 SILVER, Nyc, New York
8 articles 16 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
― Neale Donald Walsch


There was a sweet sugary aroma that grazed the edge of my nose. I could smell the glazed cashews and sugar covered almonds. It felt like fall, when all the children go out to play in the crisp cool air in a large pile of colorful leaves as their parents watched them from the front porch. As I snapped back into reality, I glanced at the bright orange cart and saw a young girl with her father at the cart. The young girl wore a light blue dress embroidered with a white rose,  and on her face she wore the most precious thing of all, a huge smile. She was jumping in place as her father laughed at her. He then lifted her up and placed her on his shoulders as she began  hysterically laughing. I smiled back at her, reminiscing at the times that I would run down the street to the cart with my father behind me, trying to catch up.To me that cart represent more than just your average New York City food vendor. It symbolized my childhood in a nutshell (no pun intended). My childhood was filled with sheer joy and innocence. I never had a care in the world, I now realize how much I wish I could go back in time to the place where nothing else mattered.