Differences | Teen Ink

Differences

June 3, 2016
By Sachin2001 SILVER, Newtown, Pennsylvania
Sachin2001 SILVER, Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What if everybody in the world and everything about them were the same? What if they all were interested in the same thing, wouldn't life be somewhat dull. This is why being different shouldn't be a bad thing, but it should be in fact a great thing. I believe that each person deserves respect because of their differences. A person with abnormalities should not have to feel like they have to lurk in the shadows or hide their unique qualities, but these differences should rather be celebrated and marveled.


If people in the past were afraid of displaying their differences we wouldn't have many things such as a democracy, and technology. We would not have these astonishingly advanced concepts that started out with one person who was different. This one person wasn't afraid to think outside of the box. They weren't afraid accomplish what they set out for even though there people thought that the stakes were to high, but isn't that a risk worth taking. Everybody has equally great contributions, the difference between each person is whether or not they have the guts to be that person who is abnormal, that person who is an outcast. This is what makes or breaks each person and our society today because everybody is so concerned with what other people think about them. The outcasts, the people who aren't recognized by the majority of our community, are the ones who have the most interesting ideas because they stay confident through all of the hate, the negativity, and closed thinking of the public. These are the people we should strive to be because nobody's opinion matters but your own. We need to understand that just because somebody is an outcast or abnormal they still have a voice that should be heard.


The author's comments:

Just a piece I wrote on how people could and should be to stand out.