I Am a Tree | Teen Ink

I Am a Tree

By karissak PLATINUM, Sussex, Wisconsin
karissak PLATINUM, Sussex, Wisconsin

I am a tree.

To reach great heights, I must struggle constantly, working hard to get where I want to go. Similarly, trees work hard, pushing against the soil in order to grow. The deeper the struggle, the taller the tree grows.

Every tree’s dream is to reach the sun. As we know, the tree never actually gets to the sun, but it is important to set goals to strive for. I set high goals in my own life. Even if I never reach those goals, I work as hard as I can to get there, and I am proud of the progress that I make.

No matter how high a tree grows, it never forgets its roots. Whatever I achieve in life, I will never forget my family and friends who are my roots in life. Without a tree’s roots, it would not be able to stand as tall.

As hard as it is to always be selfless, I try my best because life is not just about me-it is about the world as a community as a whole. Trees prove their selflessness by making sure that every leaf has enough sunlight. In turn, every leaf makes sure every animal has enough oxygen. This teaches me that selflessness is contagious and I try to learn from this example.

Some trees grow fruits-some of these fruits are sour, and some are sweet. The sour ones tend to have the most nutrients. I’ve gone through a lot in my life, and I’ve learned that sometimes, the toughest situations give me nutrients to withstand even harder experiences.